Author Topic: New Project  (Read 854 times)

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
New Project
« on: August 30, 2008, 07:33:26 PM »
I was at Murdock's , a local farm and feed kind of store where I live . They had a pair of 48" " decorative" wagon wheels on sale for $40 bucks each . They looked OK but I passed , they also had several sets of 23" wheels . At $ 9 each I couldn't resist .

So ,I haven't hardly got one project off the ground yet ...and another opportunity rears it's ugly head  ;)! My wife of 28 years just shrugged and said "Hum"  .

I feel a Spanish Howie coming very soon .

rocklock

"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Re: New Project
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 02:29:55 AM »
Pictures?
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 04:51:23 AM »
No pics. I gotta go shopping and get a camara. El caz recomended a Cannon :D .....sounds like a good one .

Then someone will have to tell me how to post them .....

The mortar tube will be a Hern , I'll make a carrage probably twin trail .

rocklock 
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • "HALLOWED GROUND" by RRC
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 05:13:46 AM »
Rock,
When they explain to you, how to post, adjust size, do video and YouTube with it, PLEASE post it and I'll print it out for myself.  My camera is capable BUT I am not. I am below basic level.  I see all of these icons for posting but I don't know the language they use to explain them and how to use them.  I took/made a video but couldn't get it out of the camera. I even have a sub-miniature that is supposed to be able to do it.  I am afraid to click icons and push buttons without knowing.     PLEASE.

Richard "The Dense"
Protect Freedom of Speech; to identify IDIOTS!

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 05:51:47 AM »
Ever heard the saying you can't learn if you don't try...click the Icons! Click the icon on you photo software, click the icons on this forum If you make a mistake Tim and I...and others who are even smarter will come along and help you learn.  If you read all stickies at the top of the forum you will find lots o good info.  Now making a banded 16th century Cannon that's scary with my skills!

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 06:20:54 AM »
DD:
O.K.. First, I've done scary things that would frighten a normal person, so I'll just click away if that's part of the learning process but I just didn't want any of my mistakes floating around out there like a tird in a punch bowl, messing-up everyone's good stuff.

First:  I've always read, "click the sticky" but I can never find a catalogue  of stickeys or a place to find them to click.  I have always thought that my screen does NOT show everything that others show. The object of the stickey that you just wrote about, sounds interesting but how do I get to it?

How about starting a NEW post, "Stone Age Learning Curve", so we don't monopolize anyone's post?

Sounds like a plan to me.

Richard

Offline Terry C.

• I see what you did there...
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 07:28:58 AM »
With the new look, the stickies are easier to distinguish from the current topics.

The stickie topics are always at the top of the list. They are 'stuck' there, hence the name. Now the stickies are shown in bold type and have a push pin icon next to them.

The topic icons were previously very small and difficult to distinguish from each other, the new format has helped immensely.

BTW: Stickies with the lock icon are read-only.

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 02:23:25 PM »
My wife and I roll over to Wallyword to look at cameras . It seemed like for a hundred bucks or so and I'd be in bidness !    Then I turn around the other side of the isle are the "Kiddie" cameras...... :-[ .

There was "The Little Mermiad" model . Another one looked as if it were intended for PRESCHROOLERS!!!

I'm going to to do this because , well ... If friggin Tinker Bell can do it , then so can I !

There will be Pics , soon .

rocklock , at least as smart as tinker bell ????

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 12:52:44 AM »
My wife and I roll over to Wallyword to look at cameras . It seemed like for a hundred bucks or so and I'd be in bidness !    Then I turn around the other side of the isle are the "Kiddie" cameras...... :-[ .

There was "The Little Mermiad" model . Another one looked as if it were intended for PRESCHROOLERS!!!

I'm going to to do this because , well ... If friggin Tinker Bell can do it , then so can I !

There will be Pics , soon .

rocklock , at least as smart as tinker bell ????

It's easy, Rocklock.

I bought my one and only 2 mp digital camera in 2004 and still use it today. Learning curve over film cameras was about one day. How to post pics was about another day.

Proof positive - Here's a pic I took earlier today. Looks good enough, don't it?

Victor3 - "Unable to program VCR that has been flashing time of 12:00 continually since 1984"
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 02:16:39 AM »
Victor3,
O.K.. I can load an image onto a post but not full size as you can.  My images are transferred from the camera smart card into the computer with a program that stores them in "my pictures".  Simple to use browse at the bottom of the post reply but they only post small size that you have to click to enlarge. How do I cure this?  It seems everyone knows how to do it.

As for your VCR problem: masking tape.

Richard

Offline intoodeep

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 03:15:28 AM »
thelionspaw,

I believe this is because your photo was uploaded to the GBO site. The photo below is loaded on photobucket. The photo on the very bottom was uploaded to the GBO site during my post. Hope this helps.

If you make it idiot proof, then, someone will make a better idiot.

Offline Double D

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 03:37:56 AM »
Richard go to http://www.myhostedpics.com and registrer for a free picture hosting site.  Once registered there follow the on screen commands to up load pictures. Once you have pictures uploaded you go to your image and copy the link in the BB Code block. Paste the preformatted link into your post you are ready to go. Picutres mposted from there will be full size in your post

MY HOSTED PICTURES is a free site provided by GBO.

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 04:05:07 AM »
When I click browse on the post reply, I am connected to my computer's photo albums called MY PICTURES.

So what you are saying, is that I have to move my computer image storage to something named Photo Bucket and browse from there?

Are you saying that clicking browse in Post Reply, takes me to My Photo Album and from there to the GBO site where I am not supposed to be?  Somewhere inbetween I should enter Photo Bucket and NOT my computer's  MY PICTURES?

What's Photo Bucket and how does browse know where to go when it now automatically goes to MY PICTURES section in this computer?

I have already loaded images into GB's album but don't know how to move them out or is that something different again?

I need a map.

Richard "The Lost"

O.K.. DD just came in before I could post but I am posting anyway, so you will see just how lost I am with computers.  Maeve, my 75 lb soccer playing American Staffordshire Terrier pit bull knows more than I do. I'll click what he has offered and proceed as far as I can but "paste" may be a challenge.  I'll have to find out what that means when I get there.

Thanks for your help.

Offline intoodeep

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 05:15:11 AM »
thelionspaw,

The "photobucket" I speak of is an offsite image storage website. Same as the "MY HOSTED PICTURES" that DD mentioned. Basically when you use these sites you need to upload your photos onto their websites. Then when you make your post you need to "link" to that specific photo that is on your image hosting website.

When you do upload your photos to a web hosting site they will give you a link to that photo. That's when the "cut & paste" comes in. It's not to difficult to do. Just takes a little practice like anything else.

DD has a sticky containing the details of posting photos. It can be found here. http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums//index.php/topic,3460.0.html For now, I don't have a problem clicking on the photo of Maeve to see the larger photo.  :D
If you make it idiot proof, then, someone will make a better idiot.

Offline Double D

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 07:33:07 AM »
Once you have uploaded your picture to www.myhostedpics.com look for a tab at the top that says My hosted pictures.  Click  on that and you will find you pictures all set up for posting like this;

Simply click on the box under BB Code so it is highlighted and copy highlighted field.

Paste the high lighted field in your post and your picyure will appear when you post  your reply.

Offline Double D

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 05:39:57 PM »
Just to be clear when you copy the code link  from My hosted pictures or Photobucket it is already coded, you do not have click on the image icon in the relpy window for you piture to show.