Author Topic: H&R USH ulragon ?  (Read 820 times)

Offline jtech

• Trade Count: (0)
H&R USH ulragon ?
« on: September 18, 2008, 07:53:25 AM »
 I was wondering how obvious the difference is between the old rifling and the new ultragon ? I called H&R and they told me that all of the USH barrels made this year with serial numbers that start with HY or NY are ultragon rifled. But I work in the automotive repair industry and know that production cut off dates are not always written in stone. I've seen the picture in the brochure and looked at a couple of guns last night. My eyesight's not what it used to be but I couldn't see any difference. Is it my eyes , do you need a borescope to see it or maybe theese to guns have the old style rifling?

Offline jtech

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: H&R USH ulragon ?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 02:20:13 AM »
Stopped into Gander Mountain saturday and looked at the ush's they had on the shelf. Most of the serial no's started with HY and there were a few HX's . The only ones with the ultragon rifling were the ultra light's with the thumb hole stock. The difference in the rifling is real obvious. Stuck my finger in the muzzle and twist it. The ultragon rifling has no sharp edges that I could feel .Obviously the lady i spoke to at H&R was wrong. Not all the guns made this year have the new rifling. It would be real nice to get some accurate information. Can hardly wait to see how they shoot compared to the old rifling.