Author Topic: I am SOOO not impressed with Ilion's work  (Read 3402 times)

Offline JonnyC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: I am SOOO not impressed with Ilion's work
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2008, 06:05:26 AM »
I have to send my one barrel back to have it refit to the reciever. Now that I know of the LOOOOOng wait: I'll send it back after the hunting season and use the barrel that fits . I'ts good we communicate. ;D
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline Chas.

• Contributor
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2008, 06:55:09 AM »
I probably shouldn't horn in here, but a thought occurred to me.  NEF/Remington(whatever) contends that to sell a barrel, it must be fitted, and fitted by them.  With the seemingly bad service, has that contention ever been tested in court.  I mean, can their refusal to sell barrels legally hold up?  Lots of practices have been performed by companies that, when held up to legal scrutiny, fail the test.  Surely there's a lawyer somewhere that needs a barrel. ;D

Fitting a barrel, although I couldn't do it, doesn't seem to be rocket science.  Couldn't a competent gunsmith do it?

Offline John Boy

• Contributor
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2008, 07:51:30 AM »
Gentlemen: obviously there is an issue at Ilion dealing with the NEF's. Recommendation ... call Remington and obtain the name and address or email of the person in charge of Quality Control.  Then send him the link to this thread.

And to All that have had bad experiences with them - I sympathize with each.  Shouldn't be and won't be if senior management finds out what is happening in their shop.  Remington has too big of a reputation to behold to allow all these poor repairs to continue

My one and only dealings with Remington was a frozen butt stock bolt in an 1100.  Sent it to them and received a new bolt plus they re-blued the complete receiver ... for free.
Regards
John Boy

Offline R Jones

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2008, 08:14:49 AM »
SSSam. I do research brands, and calibers quite a bit. I am not in the least slamming Remington. All I have tried to get across is that if I was interested in a NEF gun, I would be a little turned off by these posts. I know that some of you have had really good luck with this brand. If I hear a negative about a particuler product I take notice. It could very well be me with the problem, and if I ain't happy someones going to hear about it. If NEF steps up ,and takes care of Kevins problems, I would be expecting to hear about that also. I hope that he gets his problems solved to his satisfaction. But, I will not hold my breath until that happens. I have a friend that bought a pistol on lay a way. When he made his final payment, and wanted to pick it up, he was told that he owed another $ 75.00 because he paid it off on lay a way. Is this fair???? He demanded his money back, and spent it at another store. Friends of his sent many e-mails to the owner of the store. None of them was raising He--, just saying what a sorry policy this was. Turned out it was not their policy. Now you don't have to be a genius to figure where that $ 75.00 was going. Do you think I would buy from this place now???   Maybe.   R Jones
I remain, R Jones