Author Topic: salwater and hunting knife  (Read 2640 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: salwater and hunting knife
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2008, 11:10:55 AM »
form http://www.hibbenknives.com/custom_knives.htm

behold the knife know as Big John

sorry for the big pic and also my Big John more then likely is not real but it's for show not used. the real one is 182$ i payed 25$.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Chris Potts

• Avid Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2008, 05:14:43 PM »
Which means they are made in China hence the low budget price  ::) perhaps instead of buying all these cheap knives you would ahve been better off buying a decent knife in the first place. but hey it's you money waste it as you will  ::)

there is a lot of good knifes that come from China. So are you saying that CRKT,buck,spyderco,and gerber are bad and not decent knifes?  ???

I have one of the gerbers that is made in china.  I wouldn't wast my money on another one.  I believe that it was a freeman or something like that.  The stainless is in my opinion of very poor quality.  The fit and finish weren't bad but it doesn't take a decent edge for anything.  I have many other knives and do not have any problem putting a good edge on them.  Some will take a better edge than others but the gerber is the worst of all that I own.  The frost Mora Knives made in Sweden are in my opinion some of the best inexpensive knives on the market.  You can get them for about what you paid for your knife ($13) may a little less depending on the model.  There steel is of as good of quality as much more expensive knives (far better that the chinese gerbers).  They are not much to look at but they are great working knives.  They are one of the only inexpensive knives that I would consider buying. 

I don't own any of the other knives that you mention so I can't speak about their quality.

Chris

Offline Wynn

• Contributor
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2008, 05:37:33 PM »
I own some pretty decent knives including a couple of Randalls but I agree that the various brands of Mora knives out of Sweden and Norway are great everyday use knives. I keep a couple in the truck, one on my 4 wheeler, a couple in my camper, one in my day pack, ... well, you get the idea. I use them for everything from gutting and skinning to food prep. For the price, I can afford to loan them or use them as I need to without worrying about losing a expensive investment. I love my custom knives but I aint cutting chum or trimming a fuel line with a high end knife.
American by birth; Southern by the Grace of God

Offline Chris Potts

• Avid Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2008, 05:40:45 PM »
Like you I always keep a couple around.