Author Topic: Quotes from the book Sarah by Kaylene Johnson  (Read 449 times)

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
Quotes from the book Sarah by Kaylene Johnson
« on: October 18, 2008, 09:42:41 AM »
Ch 1  Growing up Sarah.

"In both summer and winter, most of the family's activities took place outdoors"
" The whole family ran together competing in five and ten kilometer races throughout the summer."
"When the family wasn't running or hiking, they were hunting or fishing"
"Sarah shot her first rabbit at age ten not far from the back porch"
"During the summer, their father put away the television"
" No infraction was more egregious to either parent than lying. Honesty became a nonnegotiable family standard. There was the expectation too, that if you wanted something you earned it"
"I remember asking Sarah why she would enter a beauty pageant when that seemed too prissy to the rest of us, Chuck Jr (brother) said. She told me matter-of-factly, It's going to help pay my way through college"
"Sarah's other trait is what her father calls an unbending, unapologetic streak of stubbornness. The rest of the kids, I could force them to do something, Chuck Sr. said. But with Sarah there was no way"
"Later when his daughter became governor, Chuck found it immensely amusing that acquaintances asked him to away Sarah on particular issues. He says he lost that leverage before she was two."
"Yet time after time over the years, underestimating Sarah always proved a big mistake."

This is the kind of person I want in Washington. Chapter two tomarrow.

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
Re: Quotes from the book Sarah by Kaylene Johnson
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 04:32:04 PM »
I hope it is true. Maybye she will be the next Regan.Jury is still out

Troy
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country