Author Topic: Need bullet recommendations for Knight Rolling Block  (Read 940 times)

Offline GeneRector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Need bullet recommendations for Knight Rolling Block
« on: September 03, 2008, 03:00:01 AM »
 :-X  Howdy!  I have the Knight Rolling Block and really like it except it seems to be a little difficult getting the slug started down the barrell.  I only use 100 grains of American Pioneer pre-measured powder. At this time I have no plans to try 150 grains. If you have a recommendation for a bullet (slug) for this rifle, I would certainly like to hear from you. Also, if you know some that "don't seem to work well", I would like to hear from you as well.  I don't use a scope and my shots are rarely more than 70 yards. Your views appreciated as always!   Thanks!!

Happy Trails!
Always,
Gene Rector
Endowed NRA Life Member

Offline Simpleman96

Re: Need bullet recommendations for Knight Rolling Block
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 03:19:36 PM »
T/C Shockwaves 250 Gr with the EZ Glide sabots or the standard sabots. They shoot consistently accurate from my disc ext

Offline GeneRector

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 01:48:31 AM »
 ;)  Howdy!  Thanks!  I'll get some and let you know how they work out. I'm surprised that there were not others giving recommendations.  I just need something that is easier to load than those that I have tried.  Thanks!

Happy Trails!
Always,
Gene Rector
Endowed NRA Life Member

Offline gunoil

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 10:09:21 AM »
the ones i' use in mine is 240-250 gr xtp and a harvester crush rib. and 90 to 100gr of trip 7.. http://rapidshare.com/files/94487075/FMTT_BD8.part3.rar  the 250grsst with the sabots that came with them is a ??? to get in the barrel ...  thanks WORM   ;D ;D  WORM
WORM

Offline gunoil

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 12:41:05 PM »
see if this works  ;D ;D ;D  WORM ;D   
WORM

Offline fliowa

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 03:33:55 PM »
I use the tc 250 grain shockwaves and 95 grains loose 777 ffg out of my knight mk85. I have killed deer out to 185 yds. with this load. Very accurate. Most of the time the deer I shoot under a 100 yds. are dropped in their tracks or only go about 50 yds. before they expire.