Author Topic: What do u okies think  (Read 1529 times)

Offline backstrap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
What do u okies think
« on: August 10, 2008, 04:08:34 PM »
What do u ok hunters think about this new holiday doe, i think it is great up here there are so many does that need thined out its no even funny, plus makes for more backstraps to cook out on the grill
1 shot 1 kill

Offline okieshooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
  • shoot for the moon, land in the stars
Re: What do u okies think
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 07:21:33 AM »
I have not looked at the regs yet but would be another oppurtunity for my son (and maybe me ;D) to help fill the freezer.

never mind :( :( I looked at the regs and apparently  in my part they already kill too many does :o ::)
Thanks,
Okieshooter

Offline swampratt

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 08:48:33 AM »
I like eatin' deer does or not ..but sure like the does better.. and we are over ran with them ...problem being habitat,  Farmers are selling and houses are being built...they got no where to run..poor things

Guess i'll just have to put more in the freezer

Offline snowbelt45

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 05:01:57 PM »
Plenty of Does in this part of the state.  Especially around Grant and Kay county.  Getting landowner's permission is the key.
Steve B.

Offline backstrap

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 05:39:47 PM »
SnowBelt do u hunt here in grant? how do u know that we have so many does up this way? yes we have way to many they run in little herds,of 5 or 6 at a time and see several herds if u drive around the contry side. you know some thing funny is i live west of highway 132 in the sand hills they call it, and u c small herds of 5 to 10 and where i hunt east of 132 by Wakita u only see like 3 together at most its funny because i only live 7 miles from where i hunt.But out here where i live i guess its because there is more cover for them lots of pasture grass and little farm ground,where i hunt there is more farm ground than there is pastures
1 shot 1 kill

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 07:44:52 AM »
Another Grant Co hunter here.
It's a great idea.
The more does we kill around here the better.

Offline backstrap

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 01:05:17 PM »
Partsman where in grant do u hunt if u dont mind me asking?on a lease or family ground
1 shot 1 kill

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 03:40:31 AM »
Partsman where in grant do u hunt if u dont mind me asking?on a lease or family ground

Family ground. All around Pond Creek.
You?

BTW if you find a farmer that has summer crops (Corn, milo, beans) and tell him you want to kill does he will let you in.
They are getting fed up with trophy hunters feeding the deer and only shooting one.

Offline backstrap

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 05:09:11 PM »
Well up this way it dont matter to them all they want is money.so it dont bother the farmers around here if they feed them and only take trophy bucks,money,money,money is all its come down to.here these farmers that plant those crops are big enough they plant allot of acres to these crops so if they lose some to deer it dont bother them,and they wont let u shoot does BECAUSE they have there land leased out only 1 that can go hunting is the leaser
1 shot 1 kill

Offline Toyforever

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 04:40:36 PM »
What do u ok hunters think about this new holiday doe, i think it is great up here there are so many does that need thined out its no even funny, plus makes for more backstraps to cook out on the grill

Like it, fortunately I live close enought to a zone that has the holiday does it is just 5 minutes from my house to the hunting grounds.  Meat is meat in my opinion, and with the current climate ( political, that is.) it isn't a bad idea to start stocking up on supplies, deer included.