Author Topic: Capt. Hamp Cox!.....I'm Calling you  (Read 753 times)

Offline Doc Middleton

• Trade Count: (0)
Capt. Hamp Cox!.....I'm Calling you
« on: July 19, 2003, 08:06:45 AM »
up to the bar to have a round on me.
I'm jus gitting back in town and ain't heard much news yet.
Hows' your back doing? You mending up well I hope.
Me? It' gitting hard for an old outlaw like me to make a living and stay ahead of them law dogs. And I'm telling you, Good help is gitting hard to find.
I been thinking of gitting one of them easy  Gov-er-mint jobs and settlin' down after I get one of them pardons from the Governor and promise to do right.

How bout another round?

Doc
\"In my time I've emptied a saddle or two, but only in self-defense of my hide\".

Offline Capt Hamp Cox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Capt. Hamp Cox!.....I'm Calling you
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 02:38:15 PM »
Darn it, Doc, you went and woke me up.  Thought you knew better'n that.  Since I’m up now, I might as well have a drink if you're buying.  Seems like I bought the last one anyhow.  Things shure been slow on this here wire lately.

Been out of the ol neck brace for about three weeks now, and finally getting to where I don’t feel like my head’s going to fall off.  My doc says I can do most anything I want, ‘cept lift stuff over my head.

Getting my covered wagon (RV) ready for a short trip next weekend.  Going to Mason, TX for the second annual Mason County War Symposium.  Still not sure what symposium are, but I know three of them symposium fellers on the panel.  Really enjoyed it last year, and looking forward to this year’s event.

Had one of them guvment jobs for 29 years, and that’s probably why I’m falling apart physically.  Wouldn't recommend it.  

Hamp
Careful is a naked man climbin' a bobwire fence.