Author Topic: quick question  (Read 861 times)

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
quick question
« on: September 12, 2008, 12:26:20 PM »
I am wanting a left handed pistol. which companies make them and does anyone know of a company that makes a left hand 1911.

Terry

Offline huntswithdogs

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: quick question
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 07:52:36 AM »
About the closest thing I've found in a 1911, is the ones with the Ambidexterous safeties. I had a guy at a custom shop tell me that he could get his hands on kit to change the mag release to the right side. I don't remember how much the kit was or how much installation was. Seems like the kit was from Wilson, but I can't be sure.

I like to tell folks that my Blackhawk is a leftie gun because the loading gate is on the righthand side. Ya  keep the gun in the left hand while loading with the right. Flip the gate closed and bang away! YEP!!! It's a lefty gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HWD

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 08:16:37 AM »
Thanks for the help. I have heard that randall makes a left handed 1911 which the reason i was wondering is i had a right handed colt government model and wanted a friend for it but will have to wait now since i had to sell the colt. I wamted one for the other hand.   

Offline toysoldier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 03:13:34 PM »
   The Colt single-action revolver was designed to be used left-handed, as it was a "secondary" weapon to the sabre, at least in the thinking of the old men running things. The sabre was hung on the left side, for a right-hand crossdraw, and the pistol on the right, for a left-hand crossdraw.
   As I recall, someone made a "right-hand" single-action a few years ago. I haven't heard of a currently-produced LH 1911. Springfield and S&W make ambidextrous pistols, although they all eject to the right. Not as much problem in a pistol.