Author Topic: Estate ammunition for the 28ga.  (Read 643 times)

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Estate ammunition for the 28ga.
« on: October 12, 2008, 10:47:23 AM »
Any of you Fellow's tried Estate ammo? I have an shoots real good. Be usein that in my 28ga. #6's. The price for #6 shot is reasonable to. This little 28 gauge is one sweet shootin gun! Hopefully I can find some grouse here in my neck of the woods. Seems grouse numbers been down for last couple years. I will let you know. Have a good day. scout4<><

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Estate ammunition for the 28ga.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 11:02:12 AM »
where did you find the 28 gauge Estate ammo? How was the price per 25 round box?....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 11:23:31 AM »
Lots of mail order sources, Cabelas and Sportsman's Guide carry it, but there's a dealer in Hyannis according to their website.  ;)

Tim

http://www.estatecartridge.com/loc_ind.htm
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 12:09:47 PM »
We cannot order ammo through the mail in the peoples republic of Mass. Actually we can by law as long as we sign an affidavit and provide ID but the state (read the old A.G., a gun and personal freedom hating liberal democrat, probably a friend of John "F-ing" Kerry!!) would tell dealers they could not, in general, send ammo here or they would be fined. Most dealers and all large companies fell for it.
And thanks Tim, the Powderhorn is quite expensive and unfortunately one of the few places around here. They have a couple of real jerks working there that think they are the next best thing that ever happened to mankind. I try to avoid that place if I can at all. I have had to break down and go in on a couple of occasions but I would rather travel further than go there. I usually get up a list and wait until I travel up north to my camp and buy most of my shooting supplies in New Hampshire or Maine. Much friendlier to the shooting sports in those states....<><....:)   
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 12:22:44 PM »
I knew you didn't buy mail order, that's why I posted the dealer locator and not links to the mail order sources.  ;) There's a dealer in Hooksett NH, use zip 03106, and a couple in ME, Newport and Greenville, use 04441. :)

Tim

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 12:24:32 PM »
Thanks Tim, it's getting about time for a trip up north....<><.... ;D

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 12:28:32 PM »
I found a couple more in MA using a different zip.. ;D

Tim

Marker # 3    Miles: 48.1
ROACH'S SPORTING GOODS
1957 MASSACHUSETTS AVE
CAMBRIDGE MA 02140
(617) 876-5816

Marker # 2    Miles: 41.4
FOUR SEASONS GUN SHOP
76 R WINN ST
WOBURN MA 01801
(781) 932-3133
www.fourseasonsguns.com

Offline scout4

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 01:40:57 PM »
Thanks for the replys! I can get estate ammo from a local gun shop I deal with. MSP Ret Thats a tough one not being able to get the ammo you want but seems Tim's got the way around their nonsense. Have you been able to get the 16 gauge slugs you wanted? Anyway,...Estate ammo is made right here in the U.S.A. an can be had for a decent price, oh yeah, they also make buckshot! scout4<><

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 01:50:23 PM »
KTP (Kittery Trading Post) in Maine has told me it is on order and should be there some day, perhaps my next trip north. Nothing yet, but I was able to get a large bunch of old (but plastic cased) 16 gauge foster slugs so I am set for a while.

By the way, our problems here in liberal Massachusetts are just the beginning if Nobama gets in, the whole country will suffer the loss of much of what we consider our Second Amendment rights the many of you enjoy now....<><....:)

-NOBAMA - NOBAMA - NOBAMA - NOBAMA - NOBAMA - NOBAMA - NOBAMA - NOBAMA-

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 04:16:29 PM »
Andy,

As a fellow born and raised Masshole who spent the first 30 years of my life in the People's Republik I remember how blown away I was when I first moved to NH. I asked some people where I needed to go to get an FID card and they laughed at me. I also asked about what permit I needed to buy a handgun and they said "your drivers license". My jaw dropped. I also remember how strange I thought it was that all the local convenience stores sold ammo. I got used to it real quick, though and now I really enjoy gassing up my Jeep and buying a box of ammo at the convenience store.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 04:33:05 PM »
DB, after I retired and before the bill that allows honorably retired LEO's to carry concealed throughout the country I was doing some private work and got, among others, a NH out of state concealed weapons permit. As a "right to carry" state NH is a joy to do business with and in. Now that I am back to work doing Investigations for the state I carry occasionally but do so on my retired SP badge and home state permit. I still keep up the NH permit though. I was hoping that Dicks Sporting Goods (Portland, ME), KTP. Cabela's, or Walmart might be carrying the Estate 16 gauge ammo. What the heck, I have to go up and see Pete at legal Transfers in NH for some AR stuff anyway, perhaps I will just scout around and pick up some ammo in NH while I am up there...Thanks buddy....<><....:)

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 04:54:11 PM »
I haven't seen any Estate 16 Gauge at my local Wal-Mart in Conway. They do have a pretty good ammo selection, though.

NH is defintely good for out of state concealed carry permits, only 20 dollars. Mass on the other hand is ridiculous to out of state concealed carry holders. 100 dollars for a "temporary" permit good for only 1 year and only issued if they want to. Needless to say I refuse to give Mass 100 dollars per year. The only reason I have for going to Mass now is to visit my mother who lives in Haverhill. She can't understand why I never want to come to visit (she's a big time liberal who votes for Ted Kennedy). I told her I don't like being unarmed in an area where I need to be armed.  ;D
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 09:01:45 PM »
Estate is now owned by Federal and these days is really nothing but Federal's load under their own Brand. It used to be an independent outfit and cheaper than the others like RIO is. No more.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline scout4

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 01:57:03 AM »
Yike's!! :oI did'nt know that! Last Estate ammo I bought was 20 & 12 ga. cost me $6.49 a box. Have the 28's ordered an will be $12.oo for #6 shot which I believe is reasonable compared to other ammo for #6's. scout4<><