Author Topic: rather ride his horse  (Read 792 times)

Offline okieshooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
  • shoot for the moon, land in the stars
rather ride his horse
« on: September 11, 2008, 11:10:18 AM »
People come down twice a year for a trail ride and this year for some reason scheduled the same weekend as our youth season. Not real smart but anyway my son wants to ride instead of hunt. He is 12 and papa is somewhat crippled so this is about the best thing they get to do together. I know he has lots of years left to hunt with me but it is still hard to accept him not going for the youth hunt. :'( Oh well I guess I will just fill his tags myself!!! ;D ;D seriously, I hoped he would be older before I  was not his hero anymore. :'( :'(
Thanks,
Okieshooter

Offline weasel

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
Re: rather ride his horse
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 04:29:27 PM »
He is only 12, only natural for him to like a horse. Heck, I still can't get out of my system. Some of the hunters we get have more fun with  the horses than deer hunting. He'll come around, maybe get him his own .22, for some reason that excited me more than anything. Don't worry about him not worshipping you now, it might really kick in  when he's 16 or so. Maturity sure makes you appreciate your parents.

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Re: rather ride his horse
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 04:15:10 PM »
If hunting for him "is meant to be", then he'll come around...and you'll be able to enjoy years together. Force him into it and you may lose him as a hunter forever.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14