Author Topic: Springfield EMP  (Read 808 times)

Offline superjay01

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
Springfield EMP
« on: October 07, 2007, 02:07:21 PM »
Hello all, I'm thinking about getting a Springfield EMP just wondering if anyone has one and if they like.
Chance favors the prepared mind

Offline wJAKE19

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Springfield EMP
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 05:06:14 AM »
I dont have one but I have been doing a lot of reading on these guns and from the looks of things they are a wonderful CCW weapon.
but look around for accessories for it before you buy one. holsters, mags, might be hard to find and very expensive.
if you are looking for a nice single stack, look at the kahr's they are very nice. and they hace been around for a while.
~Jake

Offline Amanda4461

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 08:10:07 PM »
My EMP is fantastic. It uses leather gear for Commander-length pistols just fine, and yes, the mags are different, but SA gives you a coupon when you buy the gun, so just buy 3 or 4 extra mags and have fun. Mine is carried daily, and has had about 1500 trouble-free rounds down the tube. I use +P+ for carry, and shoot them in practice occasionally. Mainly because I am a .45 person, and the EMP seems to like the Federal 147gr +P+ really well. I haven't used it, but the gun comes with a FOBUS-style holster in the case.
Enjoy it.
Amanda

Offline XD9

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 01:31:26 PM »
I've owned mine for a couple years now and it's my daily carry.  I've put quite a few rounds through it with never a problem.  I even shot competition with it for a little while.  I was shooting against guys with 4 and 5 inch barrels and keeping my own with a 3 inch.  The match grade barrel and match grade trigger are great.  Out of the box, this is an extremely accurate gun.  I think you will be very happy with it.

I have a few holsters for it.  My favorites are a Galco 1911 leather small of back holster.  It's made for a 4 inch gun but works great for this one.  The one I use most often though is a Fobus paddle style holster made for the Kimber 1911's.  It's made for a 3 inch gun and works beautifully with great retention and a quick draw.  It's very concealable too.

Buy the gun...you won't be disappointed...
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said