Author Topic: Rolling Block range report  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
Rolling Block range report
« on: July 01, 2008, 12:22:22 PM »
Sorry there aren't gonna be any pics (computer skills of a 90 yr. old!). This is a RMEF raffle win, Camo stock, barrel and all. Cleaned her up then lubed trigger group a litte and it's off to range. First cap won't ignite three tries small dent in primer so toss it and next two no problems. Stoked it with 100 gr.Shockey Gold and a Hornady 300 gr SST. Hits paper 6" high so adjust sight about yeh much, and break screw driver bit in the Leatherman. Proceed to rinse and reload sequence now she is about 1" high at 50 yds, sometimes I amaze myself. Having repeated this rinse and reload sequence 4 more times I'm pretty happy with the gun, it's shooting as good as I am. Now it's time to bump up the load to 150gr. Holy smokes nobody told this thing it's a lowly muzzleloader, it'll rock you back at full load. So after a rocky start I'm pretty happy with the modern muzzle loader.  A little hard to keep my head down on the stock, for me it begs for a scope. I thought that it might be a relatively cheap gun to play with , but that was wrong headed thinking.  If primer issue doesn't rear its ugly head again I'll call it ready to hunt. Anyone else experience light or shallow strikes with this gun?
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline bphunter

• Trade Count: (8)
Re: Rolling Block range report
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 08:22:27 AM »
Nope. Never had a misfire with mine. Only hangfires when I tried BH209. I use regular CCI209 primers since this rifle isn't particular to anything but BH209. Great gun! Maybe a little gunk in the firing pin port?

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 07:04:29 AM »
Well it has busted a bunch of caps since, must have been a bad one. Just a coincedence it was the first shot out of the box I guess.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Underclocked

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 07:47:46 AM »
oops   ::)     ;D
WHUT?