Author Topic: Thompson center scopes?  (Read 992 times)

Offline doninva

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Contributor
Thompson center scopes?
« on: August 10, 2003, 07:46:28 AM »
Anyone have any comments on the Thompson line of scopes(good or bad). Who really makes them? I have the 4X on a turkey gun but was concidering one for a 7mm-08 encore. Thanks, Don

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Thompson center scopes?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 11:25:46 AM »
No one outside the company seems to have a clue who makes them. Those who do know aren't talking. Makes me wonder why.

Me I'd rather put my money into a scope by an optics outfit rather than a gun maker who only buys optics made somewhere else by someone else as a side line for them.

Get a Bushnell.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Thompson center scopes?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 12:09:10 PM »
I too have never found out who makes TC scopes.  It truly is somewhat of a hush-hush operation. :roll:

What would I recommend?  

Elite 4200, Nikon Monarch, Elite 3200 - and in that order. :wink:

Zachary

Offline doninva

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Contributor
Thompson center scopes?
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2003, 01:03:28 PM »
Thanks guys, I'm going to have to look at the Bushnell after all the good things I've heard on this forum. I have only had the cheap Bushnells and they were OK but the glass quality matched the price :grin:  Don

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Thompson center scopes?
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2003, 06:17:50 PM »
I have in hand examples of the entire Bushnell scope line except for the new one between the Elite 3200 and Trophy which didn't exist when I asked for these. I am very surprised at the quality of the optics in the lower priced lines. Even their lower priced line of current scopes have optics that a few years ago would have been considered good on top of the line scopes.

I've been unable to come up with a proper optic chart to determine the exact resolution of them so am gonna hafta wing it on that. I pulled a copy from the internet which wasn't useable. The real thing costs from hundreds to thousands of dollars at the places I've found them. Rest assured I ain't paying that to test some scopes.  :eek:

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!