Author Topic: 777 pellets  (Read 714 times)

Offline billynwtf

• Trade Count: (0)
777 pellets
« on: November 09, 2008, 02:45:08 AM »
I went to wal-mart to buy some powder for my oe for the up and coming deer season. I waited until the day before to buy them and all they had was the 777 pellets. I bought them and at the range I noticed they are not tapered and darker on the end that goes in first like the ones I normally buy. Just wondering does it matter with the 777 pellets? Also noticed on the paper that came with these pellets that max load on a 50 cal is 100 grains. I normally shoot 150 grains with the ones I usally buy. Are they that much hotter?

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
Re: 777 pellets
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 02:23:18 AM »
They are hotter than the others but I never shoot over hundred grains anyway Its totally unnessarry and hurts on both ends.

I also prefer loose powder to pellets I always get better groups with powder. 8)
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline DEACONLLB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 12:52:01 PM »
I just bought a new cva at the tulsa gun show this weekend it is a inline 209 magnum and there was a video that came with it with instructions on the use of all CVA muzzleloaders and in the vidio the fellow that was doing the presintation said that you are never to use 150 grains unless the gun is a magnum. He also said that the triple 7 was hotter and you must reduce the load by 20% and if you are using the pellets then the mfg. has already done that. In compairing tripple 7 with pyrodex you will see that the tripple 7 are much shorter. He also suggested that if you did not get or have lost your owners manual that to call or write CVA and they will send you one right out. If you did not get a video with your gun you might contact them for one it has a world of info on it, also lots of safty tips.
Deaconllb
Korean war vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing K14 Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defense Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the  CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.

Offline billynwtf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 02:06:04 AM »
 Thanks guys for the onformation. My OE is shooting just fine with 100 grains of 777. Think I will stick with it.