Author Topic: Haines area  (Read 724 times)

Offline S.E.Ak

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
  • Wrangell Ak
Haines area
« on: October 14, 2008, 10:57:12 AM »
Anyone from the Haines area on here. I lived in Haines from 89 till fall of 95.Greatest place in the world.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Haines area
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 08:18:10 PM »
Haines, Haines, Haines, Oh yea!  That's down in the Seattle suburbs.  Got to go through Canada to get there.

Sorry, Just had to say that.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline S.E.Ak

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
  • Wrangell Ak
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 05:36:43 AM »
It rains in Seattle it snows in Haines.Didn't want the Kanucs to have any coast did ya.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 07:10:54 PM »
My best friend in high school had spent 5th to 10th grades in Haines before moving to Los Anchorage where I grew up.  I don't think he ever quite got over Haines - he loved it and had a lot of friends there. My first semester of college I went out with a girl from Haines, and I have spent about 6 hours in Haines. A couple who were good friends to me when we all lived in Dutch Harbor, have retired to Haines after living in Slowdotna, Nome, Dutch and Juneau. Don't hear a lot from them but they seem to totally enjoy the place - we should go visit them.  Finished raising their kids there too. And I've met a number of other fine people from there.

So I'm not at all surprised you like it a lot.  Sounds like its about the right size town. Not too big and not too small.  I sure enjoy Heather Lende's commentary pieces in the Daily News.

NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA