Author Topic: US Concealed Carry Association  (Read 1075 times)

Offline XD9

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
US Concealed Carry Association
« on: October 23, 2008, 01:41:08 AM »
Anyone here a member of the USCCA?

http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/

I joined their free newsletter and have received some great info (articles, videos, etc).  I also received a sample copy of their Concealed Carry Magazine and it looked really good.  Just wondering if there were any members here and if you thought it was worth the $50 to be a member.  Do you use their forums and is there a lot of good info on their site that is available to members only?

Thanks!
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: US Concealed Carry Association
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 01:04:09 PM »
Not a member... yet.  Like you I have been getting their free e-news letters and find them informative.  How did you like the Magazine?   I have not seen a copy of it. 

I'm on the fence about joining.  I'm a member of so many clubs and organizations now (B.A.S.S., North American Fishing Club, PGA Partners Club, the NRA, Handy Man, etc) that I don't have time to read all of the magazines that they send me. 

The other thing is I wounder if being a member of US Concealed Carry could come back to bite you if ever you  did have to use a gun to protect yourself or your family.  Would a prosecutor use it to make you out to be some kind of a 'Rambo' just itching to shoot someone.  I wounder If the organization offers any kind of legal assistance to it's members in instances when a legally carried weapon is brought into play.

Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline XD9

• Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 02:08:46 PM »
I have the same problems about receiving too many magazines as it is (Shooting Times, Hunting, Outdoor Life, etc).  I'm thinking about letting a couple of them expire and then joining the USCCA.  The copy of the magazine that I read was extremely informative, as are their newsletters.  There are several gear reviews, guides, etc as well as personal stories and other things.  I hadn't thought about the law perspective.  You definitely bring up a good point though.
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said

Offline dawei

• Contributor
    • My Brothers Rest Here
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 05:08:03 PM »
I've been a member for the last couple of years; it's worth the $47.00.

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 01:24:25 AM »
IF you use your pistol in self defense, your behavior immediately before, during and after the encounter will have far more to do with any legal outcome than whatever magazines you may subscribe to. Seems to me USCCA would be advocating proper carry and proper legal use of defensive fire.
SharonAnne
Luke 22:36-38

Honor the American Soldier and Sailor, the source of Our Freedom

Really, it only hurts when I breath - SharonAnne

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 01:43:29 AM »
The election is just a few days away. There is a very real chance our worst nightmare could be looking us in the face. I would think that this might be a poor time to be getting your name on a bunch of gun lists. Remember how Bill and Hilery got hold of FBI files that were supposedly completely off limits to them. As far as I know they never even said they were sorry for that, let alone suffering any consequensus.

I'm thinking this is a time to be low key. Even the language that is being used on Greybeard makes me shudder a bit. The government is watching the internet, they have computers that watch for key words that will tip them off to terrorists. I wonder how many times GBO has tripped the big computer in the sky lately.

Offline dawei

• Contributor
    • My Brothers Rest Here
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 04:38:39 PM »
IF you use your pistol in self defense, your behavior immediately before, during and after the encounter will have far more to do with any legal outcome than whatever magazines you may subscribe to. Seems to me USCCA would be advocating proper carry and proper legal use of defensive fire.
It does.

Offline kiddekop

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 02:04:15 AM »
Not a member... yet.  Like you I have been getting their free e-news letters and find them informative.  How did you like the Magazine?   I have not seen a copy of it. 

I'm on the fence about joining.  I'm a member of so many clubs and organizations now (B.A.S.S., North American Fishing Club, PGA Partners Club, the NRA, Handy Man, etc) that I don't have time to read all of the magazines that they send me. 

The other thing is I wounder if being a member of US Concealed Carry could come back to bite you if ever you  did have to use a gun to protect yourself or your family.  Would a prosecutor use it to make you out to be some kind of a 'Rambo' just itching to shoot someone.  I wounder If the organization offers any kind of legal assistance to it's members in instances when a legally carried weapon is brought into play.

I doubt you'd have to be concerned about a magazine subscription lots of people subscribe to controversial magazines w/o repercussions.I've had years of required liability classes regarding use of weapons in self defense & the one item stressed was use departmental issue ammunition on duty or factory ammo in your off duty weapon.There are many opinions on what ammo to use ie reloads or factory.We were told if we get involved in a self defense shooting  , the weapon and ammunition will be tested by the prosecution & the defense experts so you have one less hurtle to overcome if it's issue or  factory ammo.I hunt with reloads but use factory ammo in my carry weapons.

Offline 41 magnum

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 01:51:49 AM »
Their mag said to ask local law enforcement what ammo THEY use, and use that ammo,
It avoids a "malicious intent" charge in court, should you ever use  the gun in self defense

Hope this helps someone

41 mag
THE 10 COMMANDMENTS ARE NOT SUGGESTIONS

Maker of trappers tools and gear, have an idea?  Let's talk !