Author Topic: House of Representatives....  (Read 932 times)

Offline Echo4Lima

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
House of Representatives....
« on: October 02, 2008, 07:25:30 AM »
The last bastion of Conservatism will, in all probability, cave today...

Offline SHOOTALL

Re: House of Representatives....
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 07:27:21 AM »
lets hope they get it right !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 08:27:04 AM »
Lots of good speeches coming out of these guys, too bad nobody but hardcore conservatives are hearing them.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 08:45:22 AM »
Clear this up for me , as a Conservative it is better to punish a few and destroy the masses ? Or would it be better to salvage what we can and then go after the cause ?
Trust me , I have lost alot in the last few weeks due to the enomic screw up ! Have had to lay off over 60 people since last march . So I would love to get even with the idoits that caused it but what is best ? Not what we would like but best for all .
Consider also it wasn't all the bankers fault . The home builders were getting " back end money " on every part they spec. on a new home . And harry home owner has to pay for it for 30 years . Did anyone notice that homes dropped in price $50,000.00 over night in some cases ? was that bankers or builders ? This mess is way bigger than WALL st.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 01:42:18 PM »
The nwo will get what they want . >:(

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 02:07:18 PM »
Yup, and it's coming.  It's coming fast, and will be here a lot quicker than you think.  I think it's already been here for a while, it just hasn't been made official.
" we are screwed "

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 05:24:09 PM »
try to figgure how it can be paid for the amount of money per person in the U.S. is more than most make in a lifetime.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 05:42:56 AM »
Again wrong. Do the math it's about $425 per person.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Echo4Lima

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 05:22:56 PM »
Shootall, now its done. Do you really think "they" will go after those responsible? "They" that are responsible are the investigators...

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 12:26:59 AM »
was that bankers or builders ? This mess is way bigger than WALL st.

It's becoming more apparent to me that the fault lies with the federal government and seems to be centered around the Community Reinvestment act of 1995.  Couple that with some other bills passed in the late 90's and this is what happens.  It has little to do with bankers or wall streeters iMO.

http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/laws/important/index.html

The Community Reinvestment Act (or CRA, Pub.L. 95-128, title VIII, 91 Stat. 1147, 12 U.S.C. § 2901 et seq.) is a United States federal law designed to encourage commercial banks and savings associations to meet the needs of borrowers in all segments of their communities, including low- and moderate-income neighborhoods.[1][2][3] The Act was intended to reduce discriminatory credit practices against such neighborhoods, a practice known as 'redlining'.[4] The Act requires the appropriate federal financial supervisory agencies to encourage regulated financial institutions to meet the credit needs of the local communities in which they are chartered, consistent with safe and sound operation. (See full text of Act and current regulations.[5]) To enforce the statute, federal regulatory agencies examine banking institutions for CRA compliance, and take this information into consideration when approving applications for new bank branches or for mergers or acquisitions.[
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 02:57:59 AM »
A little off topic I suppose, but perhaps not, is the fact that, THIS is the area of government everyone should be worried about, instead of bickering over whom will be president. A "VETO PROOF" Democratic Congress can RULE THE PRESIDENT, regardless of whom wins. ;)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 05:46:29 AM »
A little off topic I suppose, but perhaps not, is the fact that, THIS is the area of government everyone should be worried about, instead of bickering over whom will be president. A "VETO PROOF" Democratic Congress can RULE THE PRESIDENT, regardless of whom wins. ;)

True, and our current House has already proved they can be bought!

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 05:14:00 AM »
They are all at fault. All politcians are corrupt. Greed and Power that is their agenda.

Troy
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline Explorer1

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 12:50:19 PM »
They are all at fault. All politcians are corrupt. Greed and Power that is their agenda.

I agree about 90%.  The root cause is the populus has allowed the politicans to get away with this crap.  The truth is these folks WORK FOR US, yet Joe Six Pack ignores what they are doing until it knocks on the door.  Look at the present financial mess, how many of us objected to the fact the feds were forcing banks to make mortgage loans to illegals?  NO ENOUGH to make a difference.
Have you ever TOLD your Representative/Senator you want this to occur, reminded them they work for you, and requested a written reply?  I have, I got no reply and my name is probably mud with them.
We have lost most control of these clowns as not enough people protest enough.  Remember the ports deal?  Enough folks got on board to force changes, thanks to talk radio.  Why do you think they want the Fairness Doctine?  If there are no trouble makers, the general public will be ignorant and quiet, thus they can do what they desire (err, what their money sources want).

Recall those studies that said all politicans are crooks except ours?  Well, basically the are ALL crocks - including the unelected staffers that polute the new ones.

Offline jjas

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 12:54:59 PM »
But yet, we (the few Americans who actually vote) continue to send the same clowns back to Washington DC over and over again. 

So whose fault is it?