Author Topic: i think Rut  (Read 693 times)

Offline backstrap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
i think Rut
« on: November 12, 2008, 11:12:30 AM »
I think rut has started here in northern okla,it was the strangest thing i have seen we moved it to a small town from the contry,its right on the state line of kansas called manchester population around 130 is all,i went to pick my daughter up from school in another small town. as when i was leaveing manchester i stoped at a stop sign at our main highway132 to go south. i seen some thing out of the corner of my eye it was a doe in town being chased by a nice 8 or 10 point he wasnt huge but give him a few more years and he would be very big,i know deer walk through town at night but this was at 9:30 this morning and there was a little buck in tow she didnt no where to go with the houses i set at the stop sign and wathced them for a min or 2 intell they ran east out of my sight, they where headed right in town not out of town crazy things u see nowdays in these small country towns.i am not sure it wasnt the same to deer that was walking up our street the other night about 10pm it was a doe and a buck behind her but he wasnt chaseing her then like these 2 bucks today.so it looks like they are starting to chase the does up this way just another 10 days to season so it should hit rut well
1 shot 1 kill

Offline mattmillerrx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: i think Rut
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 01:26:59 PM »
The rut is in full swing here.  I jumped  a buck chaseing a doe while quail hunting yesterday and a second buck a  little latter.  There necks are full like they get in the rut too.