Author Topic: My 20 ga USH  (Read 644 times)

Offline gary bartlow

• Trade Count: (0)
    • http://www.myspace.com/ilbucksndux
My 20 ga USH
« on: October 31, 2008, 03:44:44 AM »
Has been good to me so far.The first one to use it was my 9 year old on our Youth season a few weeks ago.I really wanted to put my Bushnel shotgun scope on it but he prefered the red dot sight. I bore sighted it and off to the range we went with several boxes of Lightfield slugs.In 2 shots I had it making 2" groups at 75 yards and one ragged hole at 50.I have never shot a slug gun that felt so smooth and that was enjoyable to shoot.Once I got it on I handed it over to Josh and he was having 3"-4" groups at 75 yards.I know if I would put the scope on it I would probably have the same results at 150 yards.On the second day of the youth season he changed his mind about shooting a buck and decided any deer would do(he passed on several does the first day)he shot this button buck at somewhere around 55 yards.It was his first deer.

God created man,Sam Colt made them equal.

Offline ELMO

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Re: My 20 ga USH
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 05:53:24 AM »
   The young man did just fine with the slug gun. Congratulations on your first deer ;)!!!!

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 07:51:40 AM »
Good shot, I bet it didn't go far after the shot.   ;D
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 10:54:04 PM »
 Great job! You both did well, Dad for starting another new hunter, and Josh for great shot. Congrats to both. ;)

Lonny