Author Topic: for your consideration  (Read 370 times)

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
for your consideration
« on: November 05, 2008, 01:29:05 PM »
only one thing to do now....and that is give the man a chance; even though i am scared stiff of the possibilities.  i will be keeping a low profile, a watchful eye, and both hands on my wallet.  but in fairness,  it is time to give the man a chance.  i seriously doubt it, but it is possible that he might turn out to be a good president.   and worse case,  things continue to swirl and despite all the promises, the dems make it worse.   meanwhile, the republican'ts do some soul searching.  maybe they will see the light and get as vicious as the dems have learned to be.  or perhaps a third party will get national traction.   

at any rate,  something good has got to come out of this sooner or later.     

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: for your consideration
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 01:49:13 PM »
If a 3rd party ever wants to do anything ..they better start TODAY..or even yesterday.. They should win some house seats etc. before trying to run a presidential candidate, they would have more stature that way. If the libertarians want to effect the next election, they should grow their rolls, then start to bargain with the Republicans to draw them closer to Libertarian ideals and a possible coalition ticket.
  Third parties cannot expect sudden enthusiasm during a presidential election year, If they have sat upon their collective butts the other 3 years. The Republicans are ripe for some kind of persuasion or coalition, since they have gotten really stupid...running "country club" Republicans. Neither McCain, Dole or even Bush were very close in values and spirit to the great Ronaldus Magnus...the guy who had overwhelming victories..

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: for your consideration
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 03:00:47 PM »
If a 3rd party ever wants to do anything ..they better start TODAY..or even yesterday.. They should win some house seats etc. before trying to run a presidential candidate, they would have more stature that way. If the libertarians want to effect the next election, they should grow their rolls, then start to bargain with the Republicans to draw them closer to Libertarian ideals and a possible coalition ticket.
  Third parties cannot expect sudden enthusiasm during a presidential election year, If they have sat upon their collective butts the other 3 years. The Republicans are ripe for some kind of persuasion or coalition, since they have gotten really stupid...running "country club" Republicans. Neither McCain, Dole or even Bush were very close in values and spirit to the great Ronaldus Magnus...the guy who had overwhelming victories..
words of wisdom.  i could not agree with you more.   i never understood why they wait until a presidential race to try to make their impact.