Author Topic: A FUNNY STORY FROM MY WANDERLUST  (Read 347 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
A FUNNY STORY FROM MY WANDERLUST
« on: November 11, 2008, 04:19:31 AM »
If I have told this before, I apologize and ask that you chalk it up too CRS.
On my way home my plans included a drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
On this particular morning that was my attempt.
It was about 4:30 in the morning. I had gotten up early so that I could be on a high summit on the Parkway at sunrise. I ate at a Waffel House and had a cup of coffee driving down I 81. My map indicated that I was too exit off 81 at exit 143 at Roanoke.
Now, down Interstates all exits are too the right--right?
Well up too this point--RIGHT.
I am awake--well kinda, mostly and the coffee is doing a good job with the rest of this getting awake business. I come too exit 142 or 144, whatever, and I am alert that my exit is coming up in two or three miles. I am in the right lane just moseying along looking for the exit. Alert.
I sees this here sign what indicated that my exit was just ahead.
I knew there was a car behind me somewhere, I could see the headlights.
I'm looking too the right?-right-when all of a sudden out of the corner of my vision I sees a exit---too the left.
I am making 60 or 65 mph and my first reaction is too the left--right? Yup, then I makes a sudden and quick right back into my lane when I sees that I had passed up the exit.
So I pulls over--too study the situation--right.
When I hits the shoulder I sees, too my wonder--a bubblegum machine in my rearview mirrow.
I puts it in park, gathers all the usual information---this aint my first rodeo---and lowers the window.
Up walks this Virginia State trooper--and I am prepared. RIGHT.
IT is a female State trooper. I figger that my chances of leaving without a State raffle ticket are nil.
The first thing out of her mouth before the rest of the stuff is "Have YOU been drinkin?"
I said "NO MA'AM"--- my diction could not have been more clear or distinct.
She takes the stuff and disappears behind the bubblegum lights---for at least an hour. I swear she was looking for SOMETHING else.
She comes back and say's too me what in the world are you doing boy?
I do the best I can too stammer out a reply that will seem somewhat believable.
She looks at me and says "You sure you aint been drinkin ?"
I says I am telling the truth and I will take any test you want. I wanted too tell her that she was burning daylight and I wanted too get on my way too see the sunrise.
Thank God, for once in my life I didn't.
She says, "well that is kinda confusing but your swerving on the highway got my attention---you sure you aint been drinkin?"
NO MA"AM!
Well I'm goin to let it slide this time and I will let you cross these lanes of traffic over too your exit. Hold on while I check too make sure no one is coming.
Now I am waiting at the ready--when I hear this DI voice outside saying "GO BOY GO."
I swear I am suprised I didn't break her windshield for all the rocks I threw gettin across that highway.
Blessings 
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Re: A FUNNY STORY FROM MY WANDERLUST
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 04:53:41 AM »
THats funny. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Glanceblamm

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: A FUNNY STORY FROM MY WANDERLUST
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 05:03:50 AM »
Good Story!
I usually miss my exit's cause of those high tractor trailors that block the view of the signs >:(