Author Topic: Sks value  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Rgrobe

• Trade Count: (0)
Sks value
« on: May 10, 2008, 11:18:38 AM »
I have an sks I got in the 80's before the ban.It's all original and have the after market stock and scope set up for it.Was wondering what they are worth I've only put probably about 40 rounds through it.

Offline cochise

Re: Sks value
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 01:07:04 PM »
It depends on manufacturer and configuration.  The paratrooper model sells for more than the full length. A good place to look is gunbroker or gunsamerica.  You will see a wide range of prices but the middle of the road is usually about 75% of what you could sell it for in the newspaper locally.   

Offline demented

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 09:18:22 PM »
You can get as much, sometimes even more in factory guise as when bubba'd, most plastic stocks don't add anything to value.  An Chinese SKS in excellent condition will bring roughly $250 these days.  There is some panic buying at this time, I've seen people asking upwards of $350 for them, I  wonder if anyones actually paying this price, I wouldn't. 

Offline John R.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 06:31:13 AM »
I bought one 2 months ago in excellant condition for $200. That one was the lowest price I'd seen after looking several places, most people wanted $250 and up.

Offline billy

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 07:26:25 AM »
I got a chinese in mint cond. vg wood and bluing is great  for 275.00 out the door.
I enjoy collecting guns, swaping and staying up on all the newest models. I deer, quail, squirrel and rabbit hunt.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 04:35:26 PM »
Bought one at a garage sale for $125.00.  It is a Norinco,has the folding bayonet, and accepts the AK Mag.  It came with three 30 round mags.

I lucked into this one, the garage sale had a cement mixer that I wanted, but when I got ther it had sold.  I was talking to the man about it when someone asked about the guns he had for sale, my ears perked up and I followed him into a room ajoining the garage wher he had several for sale, The other guy bought all the other guns, but I had picked up the SKS and said "I will take tihis one." 

Offline hillbill

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 05:42:15 PM »
good job rockbilly, aint seen one that cheap for several years.even without the ak mag thing thats a good deal.

Offline fastbike

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 08:20:56 AM »
I just bought an honest to God Russian SKS in mint condition for $290. Looks like it came from a collection. Its been used but not much and has been well cared for. I didn't believe it at first, since I haven't even seen an available Russian SKS in the last three or four years.

Offline S.S.

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 01:36:35 PM »
Paratrooper Model?
Is that the ones that the importers cut the barrels
short and moved the front sight back? Nothing rare there,
just bubba'd by the importers.. I can find no reference
material showing that any military ever used or created
a paratrooper SKS. Don't be fooled by fake stuff enough to pay more.
Kind of like some of the mausers a year or so ago that were stamped with
swastika's, SS runes and such and passed off as "captured at Stalingrad"
Importer Fakes are killing the collector market.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline cjclemens

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 01:58:22 PM »
I'd say average is about $250 for one in good condition.  I got mine for like 80 bucks, but that was about 10 years ago and right when they started importing those Chinese models.

Offline nebraskavizslaguy

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 06:22:16 PM »
With the Obamanation on the way, Id say priceless!! :o :o