Author Topic: A thanks to the Catholic Church!  (Read 602 times)

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • mymartialartsplus.com
A thanks to the Catholic Church!
« on: November 13, 2008, 06:15:04 AM »
The Catholic Church cuts off funding for Acorn!  I find it honorable for the Church to cut off funding to a not so honorable organization.  Thank You!  Hopefully more will follow their lead.

(CNN) -- The Roman Catholic Church is cutting off funds to the community organizing group ACORN, citing complaints over its voter registration drives in the November 4 election as part of the reason.

Authorities raid a Las Vegas, Nevada, ACORN office after allegations of voter fraud.

The Catholic Campaign for Human Development froze its contributions to the group in June amid allegations that Dale Rathke, the brother of ACORN founder Wade Rathke, had embezzled nearly $1 million.

This week, as the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops met in Baltimore, Maryland, the campaign's chairman said it was cutting all ties with the group.

"We simply had too many questions and concerns to permit further CCHD funding of ACORN groups," Roger Morin, the auxiliary bishop of New Orleans, Louisiana, told his colleagues in a letter to the conference.

The CCHD has donated more than $7.3 million to ACORN-related projects over the past decade, including $40,000 to an ACORN chapter in Las Vegas, Nevada, that was raided before the election in an investigation into fraudulent voter registration forms. Among other questionable documents, the ACORN chapter submitted registration forms for members of the Dallas Cowboys football team.

Full story @ http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/13/acorn.catholics/index.html

Heather

Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
Re: A thanks to the Catholic Church!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 08:39:25 AM »

Surprise surprise ::)

Spanky

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 10:11:37 AM »
it  is  good  that  they dumped  them

but  why  did the catholic church  EVER support a baby killer?

makes  you wonder how  many others supperted  ACORN

maybe  members  here  should go to  their  own  churches
and  make sure none  of  their money is going  to democrats or ACORN

remember....this election was  bought   [they bought  illegal votes]
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 11:17:21 AM »
I saw on the news before the election that ACORN payed a young black guy in cigarettes to fill out over a hundred voter registrations. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 11:23:44 AM »
Why would the Catholic church, or any other church,  be donating money to them in the 1st place?????? Tithes and offerings are supposed to be used to support the church, pastor, or priest, and to help the needy. Just curious. POWDERMAN.  ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 11:41:04 AM »
That is because the catholic church is corrupt. What about all the pedefile homosexual priests that get moved around so they can avoid prosecution? How about all the nazi's in south america. What about the pope that sold cynide to the nazi's HMMMM seems like thay are part of this nwo problem jmo

get your tin hat on
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 12:36:21 PM »
That is because the catholic church is corrupt. What about all the pedefile homosexual priests that get moved around so they can avoid prosecution? How about all the nazi's in south america. What about the pope that sold cynide to the nazi's HMMMM seems like thay are part of this nwo problem jmo

get your tin hat on

Surprise surprise ::)

Spanky

That's what I was trying to say.
Unfortunately the Catholic Church always seems to be involved in some kind of scandal.
I hate to say it but alot of times it's true.

Spanky

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 01:16:48 PM »
Let's see if I have got this straight. The Democrats last election swore then, and continued to do so for the last 4 years, that the Republicans STOLE THE ELECTION. All Republicans were entertained and also indignant at such an accusation.
NOW! Four years later, the Republicans loose, and accuse the Democrats of BUYING THE ELECTION.
This is just way too funny to be real, but it is.

Everyone seems to forget, or probably never knew, that only twice in the history of the United States Presidency, has one party held the office over 8 years. Roosevelt did it, and Reagan after 8 years was succeeded by Bush Sr. for 4 years. Every 8 years, folks vote for some kind of change. Good or bad.
Looks pretty normal to me. ::)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 03:01:31 PM »
 i hope so dee .. i sure hope so..also hope the present supreme ct judges can last long enough fo that to happen..
  im expecting some things to get better myself.. the lower income spoke out this time ..they will be watching close .. i expect the party in office to coddle them .. at least until [an if] they finally get the masses disarmed..we ll see. i guess..

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 04:26:14 AM »
  Slim,
   Unfortunately, there are a couple libs that may have been hanging on until a Dem gained the White house. Let's hope it is only the libs though. If that is the case, all BHO could do is appoint someone even more liberal than Ginzberg or Souter.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)