Author Topic: optima elite 50 loads  (Read 955 times)

Offline remltr

• Trade Count: (0)
optima elite 50 loads
« on: October 16, 2008, 01:17:27 PM »
could someone please give me some help with some of the favorite loads for your 50 cal ? and maybe you can let me in on some clean burning powder that works well also thank you

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
Re: optima elite 50 loads
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 03:36:29 PM »
I am using clean shot 50 grain pellets 2 and a 250 grain 45 caliber bullet in a harvestor crush rib black sabot. clean it is dead on at 100 yards but will drop a inch or so with a second shot. Swab it with windshield wash and back to dead on. They are very clean and shoot well. When I swab after 5 or 6 shots you get some gray on the patch. No problems loading shot after shot.   
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 04:37:18 PM »
80 grains of 777 under a T/C Cheap Shot should work well.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 01:35:36 AM »
lol universal muzzleloading loads. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.