Author Topic: Here's one I'll give to one of you "Handy" Handi Owners!  (Read 651 times)

Offline OSOK

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Here's one I'll give to one of you "Handy" Handi Owners!
« on: December 04, 2008, 01:02:41 PM »
An idea, nothiing material...sorry!
We have a bunch of members on here that are real experts at machining. I don't have a mill, or I would make these myself.
I was hunting this season before I blew out my knee, and it seemed that every time I was seeing deer, it was too dark to see the front sight of my BC. So, being the tinkerer that I am, I started to ponder on the problem.
What if someone would mill out a new base for the Williams FP sight (the one you can get from H&R) that included raised Weaver style rails? If made hollow, you could still use the peep sight if light allowed, and if it got too dark, raise up a little and go with the scope.
OK, there it is, all you machinists have at it...all I ask is for the first production piece!
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Here's one I'll give to one of you "Handy" Handi Owners!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 01:23:49 PM »
Or you could modify the CVA or TC version of Eabco's peep rail.

Tim

http://www.eabco.com/Muzzleloader03.htm

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Here's one I'll give to one of you "Handy" Handi Owners!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 03:59:54 AM »
The problem I have often encountered, not on the buff/class but on other handi rifles, is that the Williams receiver sight requires a taller front sight even when mounted flat on the barrel. I put one on the Buff/class carbine in .45 Colt and it shot 8" high at fifty yards with the sight in its' lowest setting and that front sight is already pretty durn tall.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.