Author Topic: AWWW Crap  (Read 869 times)

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
AWWW Crap
« on: November 07, 2008, 07:19:33 AM »
Just talked with a couple of the game board members down here... they are talking about closing moose on the peninsula due to low numbers... we will see what happens...

I asked them about permit hunts.. they said that for now they were talking about a full shut down.
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline S.E.Ak

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
  • Wrangell Ak
Re: AWWW Crap
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 09:27:39 AM »
Had that for years in Haines then went to subsistence drawing. You would wait all year for the hunt to start and by noon they would be flying overhead saying the hunt was over the quota already taken.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 10:50:54 PM »
So sorry to hear that.  When I was growing up, the Kenai Pen was where I did most of my hunting and fishing.  Shot my first grouse, moose and possibly rabbit in the Cooper Landing to Skilak area. We used to worry about brown bears when we hiked into some of our favorite fishing holes. Sure has changed.  Sad to have mange ridden wolves, sparse Lynx, so few brownies and now so few moose. Guess that's what some people call progress. Was down on the pen in June - couldn't believe all the changes and growth in the Soldotna area. Guess I'm gettin' old. Maybe they need some big burns like in the old days to rejuvenate the moose habitat?
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 08:07:15 AM »
Well when you see all the beetle kill.. a good burns doesn't look too far away. 

On the Seward side, we are seeing more brown bears than ever before.  They were talking about upping the number of black bears, and hopefully expanding the brown bear hunt in 7(As it is right now, I believe there are 4 permits the entire year).  There are still quite a few rabbits and grouse over in the old burn area towards skilak.  The only lynx sign I have seen much of was way up high, where the ptarmigan are, seems to be their food of choice. 

And I'm sure it's gonna keep changing... we will see what happens.
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."