Author Topic: Hunters supply hunting question  (Read 390 times)

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
Hunters supply hunting question
« on: January 07, 2009, 05:11:25 AM »
 I have a good pile of Hunters Supply 240gr hard cast flat nose for my 44mag  Ruger SBH and H&R single shot..They shoot real well with a good helping of W 296 and no apparent leading issues..
 What I'm wanting to know is if any of you have given these a go at medium game ? And would you recommend them for wild hog or not ?

Thanks in advance,

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline blhof

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Hunters supply hunting question
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 05:59:26 AM »
I've taken hogs with both 357mag with 170gr lfn and 357max with 200gr lfn, both guns gave quick kills with the heavy for 357 cast bullets so 240's out of a 44 should be even more effective.

Offline D Crockett

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 07:00:16 AM »
Default if you do your job right the bullets will do there job I have killed a few with my 240 gr RNFP hard cast bullets I would use them any day on a hog now other game that is another question don't think I would use it on anything smaller than a hog unless you just want the animal in question dead  D Crockett

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 08:56:48 AM »
Preciate it guys , That was my line of thinking but always best to settle the debate in your head by getting outside input ;)

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason