Author Topic: Hunt, Fish Sledding.....SWAP!!  (Read 809 times)

Offline renegade

• Trade Count: (0)
Hunt, Fish Sledding.....SWAP!!
« on: May 01, 2003, 01:00:57 PM »
I live in NorthWestern Ontario and have hunted and fished here all my life. My grandfather used to own Northwest Flying Service out of S. Narrows and Nester Falls on lake of the woods. Anyway, I live in Marathon now and if anyone is interested I can certainly help someone in their quest for Lake Superior tributary information on the North Shore....Specs,Salmon, Lake trout, Rainbow or Info on inland lakes in this area where you can limit out on walleye or go to some very remote spots with little known access points to catch Large pike or walleye.....whatever. I also snomobile extensively and have guided riders from Ohio, Michigan etc.......As far as hunting, if you are interested in Moose this is a good area. I could help you understand the draw and to also find a good location where you won't have other's near you. I could also do some scouting for you so that you know what's around. You can get grouse easily here and black bear is available. So in a nutshell if you fish, hunt or snomobile and plan to come to Northwestern ontario....particularly the North Shore of lake Superior......I can help you. Me......I'm interested in the same oportunities elsewhere..........for fishing, hunting or sledding........ 8)  8)  8)
Hunting , Fishing and Sledding...love em all

Offline renegade

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 09:23:29 AM »
Deer hunting anywhere in NorthWestern Ontario and to some extent Manitoba? I can help you out there as well. Fishing lake of the woods on the canadian side? I can provide useful information.......Rene

Offline Thomas Krupinski

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 12:12:34 PM »
Rene,

I would probably never be able to get up to your area.

If you are interested in trying out some Arizona quail hunting or bass fishing this winter when it's nice and chilly where you are, contact me by e-mail as I would be happy to show you around.

Also archery deer over the counter permit, pretty much all other big game is a drawing.

Offline renegade

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 12:12:19 AM »
Why thanks for the offer Thomas. I may well take you up on that offer. I've never hunted quail. I bet the bass fishing is great. Largemouth I would guess. Arizona has some big game hunting that I am interested in learning more about. What type of draw system and are there any lotteries for tags like desert sheep.

There are a lot of Canadians who go to your fine state to beat old man winter. Me, I like winter. But I certainly enjoy seeing new country. We'll see what the winter plans are and keep your offer in mind.

Thanks...........Rene W. Cadene

Offline Thomas Krupinski

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 04:18:12 AM »
Rene,

With the exception of archery deer and turkey, general lion, bear, predator and small game, all of Ariozna big game is by drawing only.

Information about the draws can be found at the Game & Fish Website at:  http://www.azgfd.com/ and there is also informaiton on that site about the hunting units and the animals found here.

Here in the Phoenix area we tend to endure the summer to live for the winter months.