Author Topic: is this a problem?  (Read 521 times)

Offline RelicHound

• Trade Count: (1)
is this a problem?
« on: December 15, 2008, 02:25:55 AM »
Im pretty new to the handi and am currently shooting a handi in 22 hornet...for some reason the action will break open after every shot..if im shooting it off the bench with a bi pod it will still break open if i dont hold pressure on it...and at times it wont close correctly..gotta shut it a few times for it to catch...is this common?  I was gonna send it off in a couple of weeks to have a 44mag,223 and 30/06 barrel fitted...but im thinking if its doing this with the small 22 hornet what will it do with a larger cal?...ive looked it over several times and can not find any excessive wear on anything that looks important{sorry for my ignorance...like said im new to single shot rifles} I do love the gun as its a real tack driver{as much as 22 hornet can be anyway} it shoots great it just that breaking open when fired kinda worries me a bit. thanks for any replies this may receive. Kris

Offline FW Conch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: is this a problem?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 02:47:02 AM »
 :) Relic - 1st , read the FAQ's  GOOD LUCK - Jim
Jim

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 05:03:26 AM »
Kris, Check out "Pop Open Medicine" and the "Handi Basics 101" when you're in the FAQs.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline RelicHound

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 03:52:53 PM »
leave it to me to look past the most obvious place for answers ::)

well I think ive figured it out thanks to the FAQ page. this is a great site with a wealth of information and thanks for the patience with me.