Author Topic: How long will it be?  (Read 502 times)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
How long will it be?
« on: November 27, 2008, 04:26:20 AM »
Now that the price of gasoline is a little more reasonable, how long will it be until the Dumbycrats propose a hefty tax increase on it?  I give them about two months, but I'm not sure that some of the worst--Schmucky Schumer, Nancy Pilosi, Barbara Boxer, Maxine Waters, Barney Fag...there's just too many to list--will be able to contain themselves for much longer.  And this is in addition to what your State governments will come up with if they are run by Taxocrats.
Swingem

Offline Questor

Re: How long will it be?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 04:39:48 AM »
I think it's in the works now. All of the eerily Carter-esque things that Obama is saying about sacrifice and reducing spending is sure to have a heavy, heavy toll on our country unless he can be balanced in some way. I expect that a lot of the money he reduces spending with will be military cuts so we are back to the Clinton era where there is practically no small arms training for our soldiers and they have to conduct their training by yelling the word "bang" instead of firing a training round. I also expect that the realities of the global and domestic economies will constrain him so that he becomes a rather ineffectual and tragic figure like Johnson, who had a lot of realities that prevented him from implementing his "great society" initiatives.

The worst qualities of Carter-Clinton-Johnson all in one. Such a bargain!

I'm surprised to see so many news articles already, even in liberal news like CNN, that associate Obama with American decline.
Safety first

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 12:32:06 PM »

The worst qualities of Carter-Clinton-Johnson all in one. Such a bargain!

I'm surprised to see so many news articles already, even in liberal news like CNN, that associate Obama with American decline.
[/quote] Wow, really something besides being the second comming on the news about obama and what a fine job he is doing appointing the people who got us into this mess to find a way out of it. He's going to have half of clintons people employed again. Plus the sec of state bribe payoff for her campaign work on his behalf.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Questor

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 03:46:43 PM »
Yeah, it was pretty horrifying to see that the Robert Rubin's influence is back in full force with the obama "economic team". Rubin is one person I hoped never to see influencing American policy again, because his crackpot ideas did indeed lay the foundation of our current economic problems, and then he went on to work for Citi, and we know how well that has turned out. I would really like to know how, and at what point, it began to seem OK to obama to pick these people. I don't think he could have made worse choices.
Safety first

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 06:19:09 AM »
Yeah, it was pretty horrifying to see that the Robert Rubin's influence is back in full force with the obama "economic team". Rubin is one person I hoped never to see influencing American policy again, because his crackpot ideas did indeed lay the foundation of our current economic problems, and then he went on to work for Citi, and we know how well that has turned out. I would really like to know how, and at what point, it began to seem OK to obama to pick these people. I don't think he could have made worse choices.

His logic behind this was explained in the Barbara Walters interview.  He said, and I am paraphrasing, that he wanted their experience but he is pres and what he says goes so there will still be change even with the same ol same ol on his team. ::)

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 11:25:19 AM »

"The worst qualities of Carter-Clinton-Johnson all in one. Such a bargain!"

Ain't that truth.

Just a note to let you know something that is coming our way. As some of you know, I live in a very large oil producing region, the Permian Basin. Oil & gas producers are already shutting in low producing wells when they have a problem instead of working them over to return production because the wells won't return the workover costs at today's prices.The drilling rigs that are running now are being stacked out as they complete the well they are drilling because of the greately extended time it will take to return the drilling costs. Service companies are already parking equipment because they have no work for the equipment. Many workers are already experiencing reduced hours. Layoffs will be next.

The cycle begins again. We need to enjoy low energy prices while we can. Eventually demand will catch up with production and prices will go up. Then exploration will begin again because the oil companies can make a profit. Then we can all cuss the oil companies for raising prices so they can make more money. Of course the lower cost of energy may help us to pull out of the recession quicker and that is a good thing if you don't work in the oil industry. But rest assured, higher gas prices will return.