Author Topic: Good Deeds this Holiday Season  (Read 852 times)

Offline jumpsteady

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Good Deeds this Holiday Season
« on: November 27, 2008, 04:49:43 PM »
I just wanted to hear if and about any of the good deed programs or rides that any of you guys have going on this year. I am helping with ABATE of Kansas district 4 put on "Toys for Tots ride" in conjunction with the local U.S.M.C. Reserve unit. What we do is we collect new unwrapped toys with a value of $5 or more and give them to needy kids here in the Topeka Ks area.The ride takes place the sunday after Thanksgiving every year. This weekend will be the 25th annual. We always meet on the west side of town, collect a bunch of toys from the riders, and then ride through town to the Ag Hall where we have a party afterwards. thats just a little bit about our ride. Now lets hear about your guys's.
Charter Member, Sons of the American Legion, Post 421 Topeka, Kansas

Charter Member, American Legion Riders, Post 421 Topeka, Kansas

Offline S.E.Ak

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
  • Wrangell Ak
Re: Good Deeds this Holiday Season
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »
We have a dozen or so of them in the Houston Galveston area each year. I'm afraid after Ike things will be slow as lots of folks still hurting bad.

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
Re: Good Deeds this Holiday Season
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 07:46:17 AM »
the toys for tots were set up today at my local walmart. I purchased about 110 dollars worth of stuff and donated it today.  I rode in a toys for tots ride thi ssummer as there is no riding in northern new york now as ths now is on the ground.  So all in all I would say with the ride and today, I put about 200 bucks in the coffers for toys for tots and I always throw into the salvation army kettles too. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.