Author Topic: 1" bore swivel cannon  (Read 743 times)

Offline dominick

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (21)
    • Black Powder Cannons & Mortars
1" bore swivel cannon
« on: December 04, 2008, 04:35:03 PM »
1" bore swivel cannon

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: 1" bore swivel cannon
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 07:43:14 AM »
Dominick, you get kudos for this triple crown achievement, all three are fine. You've got to be giving the elves some overtime this holiday season. I know (at least I've never seen them before) that the CSA (very nice) Parrott and thunder-mug are new; but is this swivel gun also a new pattern? I've seen the more contemporary swivel gun model with the straight barrel and thicker breech, but I haven't seen this one with the taper, reinforce rings and muzzle swell before.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline dominick

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (21)
    • Black Powder Cannons & Mortars
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 11:06:48 AM »
Boom J, 

This swivel gun is a custom requested item.   Thanks for the compliment.

Dom 

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 05:31:49 PM »
That Parrot is a beautiful thing to be sure ., but of course I think everyone knows a 1" Bore Swivel Gun is a personal favorite of mine for many reasons. this one sure looks to have all the right stuff. I bet its new owner will be thrilled., If it were mine I know I would be ! Very nice indeed sir ., Very nice indeed.