Author Topic: Whelen rockymountain elk??  (Read 232 times)

Offline kennyd

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Whelen rockymountain elk??
« on: December 06, 2008, 02:58:28 AM »
That has always been on my wish list.  Walked into a shop, and there is one on the rack, but;  It is slightly beat up (I can live with that, I plan to use it), the rifling looked a little worn (I need to go back and use a bore light) 'specially looked like there were "ripples" at the breech end, it wll open with the hammer cocked, I checked my ones at home, and they won't, is this a locking problem, I know it is a safety thing.  This place is asking $350, with rings, no scope.  What is a fair price?  I have a hard time believing someone could shoot out the rifling, but there is the dirt thing that will help wear anything.  It seems this has been there since August, so I will look again and ask about pricing.  Since money is really tight, and I have questions about this one, I may have to pass.  If  I do, and any of you are interested, PM me and I will disclose which shop has it.  Elk hunting has been the pits this year, so there is less lure to buy another elk rifle, and a 30-06 actually would fit the bill almost as well.

Thanks
just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching you

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
Re: Whelen rockymountain elk??
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 03:22:17 AM »
I'd say thats about 150.00 to much I don't think I'd give over 175.00 for it if its beat up.
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired