Author Topic: Found on the web: Improper way to hold ramrod  (Read 926 times)

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
Found on the web: Improper way to hold ramrod
« on: December 05, 2008, 12:01:58 AM »
The stuff you find on the web! 

Note that this poor unfortunate child has not been trained in the proper way to hold the ramrod when loading a cannon.  Do not try this at home, always do it the right way!  Her uniform leaves something to be desired as well, as it doesn't provide much protection.

Online Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: Found on the web: Improper way to hold ramrod
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 01:50:31 AM »
Let's stick with cannons gents.

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • "HALLOWED GROUND" by RRC
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 02:09:28 AM »
Sure....right....OK.....gotchuh DD.  So you tell us about the cannon. I just noticed it. Thanks for pointing it out. We would have missed it. :o
Protect Freedom of Speech; to identify IDIOTS!

Offline Artilleryman

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 04:35:57 AM »
Interesting wheel hubs.  I can't quite figure out how they are made.  Looks like a metal rim with wood center.   I also don't understand the breech design.
Norm Gibson, 1st SC Vol., ACWSA

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 05:12:00 AM »
That is an interesting looking cannon design. It is also interesting to see a woman taking an interest in shooting something bigger than a rubberband.
There is a woman who shoots at most of our competitions and she almost always takes 1st or 2nd place in the rifled class shooting at 200yds.
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline dan610324

• bronze cannons and copper stills ;-))
    • dont have
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 06:30:06 AM »
artilleryman
dont you think they have turned down the width of the hubs and inserted some kind of bushing ??
it would make the hubs much weaker then the original design .
but thats what it looks to be for me .

isnt it a cannon or a piece of a connon on all those pictures ??   ;D
Dan Pettersson
a swedish cannon maniac
interested in early bronze guns

better safe than sorry

Offline MikeR C

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 07:37:20 AM »
I consider myself pretty lucky in the "girl that likes shooting catagory" the pic below is my wife. She is facing uprange about to start a USPSA stage, with her own personal Kimber and a custom holster designed to fit a woman. She started shooting before I married her and goes to matches by herself when I'm forced to travel for work. I wish we could find a way to get more women into shooting. I think we would have a much better chance of retaining our gun rights if we could get more women interested, there is a lot of them!
As far as being on topic, a major .45 is close to a cannon :)

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 11:07:11 AM »
Can you provide a link?  My aging eyes can't make out the details of the gun and I can't get the photos to enlarge. 

(off topic matter)
Mike, you are a lucky man.  Hot wife who likes hot guns.  My wife used to hate guns of any sort.  Then she got hurt at work, had to go through voc rehab, learned web design at the local junior college.  The first job offer was for the internet airgun section of our local (now closed) indoor range & gun shop.  Now she has more guns than I do.  She crews on the 3" rifle we store for reenactments, and the occasional live fire.  I know a fair number of women who really enjoy shooting, both small arms and field pieces.  All damned good at it too. 

To get more women into shooting we need to get the 'good ol' boys' to back off the "Well, lil, lady, you need to let a Real Man show you how to do it" garbage.  And, teach the idjits to NOT start their girlfriend, sister, wife, with the largest gun they have to show off what a 'real  man' they are to be able to handle that much gun.  I think the Real Men do more to drive women away from shooting then get them into it.  22s are great guns for both beginners and pros. 

Have any of you seen the pictures of the Swedish Bikini Team shooting IPSC, I think it was in or near Moro Bay, from about  years ago?  http://www.seger.nl/homepage/2006fun/sbt/index.html
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Online Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 11:50:31 AM »
If we want to encourage women to shoot more, than we have to make them feel more welcome.  Pictures of scantily clad females certainly isn't going to encourage them to join us.

For the record, I not blind, dead or gay and enjoy looking a pretty women as much as the next guy. But it's not appropriate for this forum.   Enough.

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 01:15:11 PM »
Yes boss.  (although it was my wife that first showed me the SBT shooting)
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.