Author Topic: No more gun shows for me  (Read 822 times)

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
No more gun shows for me
« on: December 06, 2008, 12:33:29 PM »

The last one I went to was pretty bad. Row after row of those evil black rifles. Maybe they should start calling them paramilitary exhibitions instead. The show today had a total of 4 Handi rifles. Two were .410's, One was a BC, and one was an old Topper .30-30/20 ga combo.
   I guess I'll end up at Wally World to order my Sportster.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: No more gun shows for me
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 01:01:14 PM »
That should tell you where the current interest is in firearms folks are buying. Those black rifles and various milsurp firearms are selling faster than most dealers can get their hands on them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Foggy

• Trade Count: (40)
  • A Real Regular
  • If you die first we're going to split up your gear
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 01:16:02 PM »
I gave up omn Gun SHows Long ago I go mainly for the cheap tool guy the reloading guy and the book seller. But I must admit the last to I went to I got a nice 28 Smith and a neat marlin 1/2mag 336 (looks like a guide gun). but for the most part aroud here they are't much what is not some kind of Buzz Gun is so over priced I don't even make an offer.

Foggy
Walk softly carry a big stick and never walk away  T.R.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 11:33:40 AM »
Our last gun show was just before the election.  Those evil Black Rifles were almost totyally sold out then.  Few SKS, and AKs, and almost no Mini-14s either.  Since then all the stores in town have sold out of anything that is centerfire and semi-auto.  The tables at the gun show was loaded with all kinds of guns, mostly bolts and lever guns, with a good sprinkling of single shots and pumps.  The ammo guy was selling fast and furious.  The show scheduled for the spring is something everyone is looking forward to.  It will be in March.  Got a few that I don't shoot anymore that I think I might take down just for the reason I need to down size.  Wife is looking to move back to the lower 48 and I won't need so many down there.   
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.