Author Topic: Newbie Here need H&R help Please  (Read 612 times)

Offline UltraSlugBill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • One shot, One kill
Newbie Here need H&R help Please
« on: November 28, 2008, 06:44:44 AM »
I'm new to this board, but not new to H&R/NEF firearms. I own 2 H&R  Ultra Slug guns and here is where my problem begins. I let my dad borrow one of my Ultra Slug 980's.... He placed it in some sort of Outers shooting rest to check scope zero. He must have had the trigger guard ahead of the V. Anyway the trigger guard was busted and I bought one locally. I also noticed however, I have a broken trigger as well. There is a little tit on the trigger that is broken and the trigger spring needs replaced as well. Do any of you have these parts available? My local gunsmith is an ass who dislikes these "cheap" guns and the rest of the shops around here all want to send it in. I have the ability to repair it and with all the Remington/Marlin issues I really dont wish to send it anywhere. Anyone who may be able to help please pm or email..

Thanks fellas
Bill
If you plan to steal from my property, be sure to give your soul to God for I will take your ass.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Newbie Here need H&R help Please
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 07:02:36 AM »
Welcome Bill! You can order the parts from H&R, Brownell's or Numrich, although H&R may not send the trigger, but the other sources will. Your shotguns use the same parts as the SB2 Handi/Ultra.

Tim

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/schematics/schemmfg.aspx?schemid=676&m=6&mn=H&model=SB2+Handi-Rifle%2fH%26R+Ultra+
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline UltraSlugBill

• One shot, One kill
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 07:53:13 AM »
Thanks Tim, parts ordered.
If you plan to steal from my property, be sure to give your soul to God for I will take your ass.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 07:55:25 AM »
You're welcome, please spend some time in the FAQs and Help sticky in the H&R Centerfire forum, most of the info there applies to other H&R firearms as well as centerfire rifles including the trigger work info which should be of help to you in this case.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline UltraSlugBill

• One shot, One kill
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 12:29:43 PM »
Every newmember to this board should spend some time in the FAQ section. The trigger work section proved invaluable to me. My favorite slug gun is now fully operational and passed all of the saftey checks provided. Thanks again quick!

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 07:10:20 PM »
Glad to hear it worked out for you...Welcome to the site...Stick around and post a bit.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense