Author Topic: Special H&R edition ??  (Read 455 times)

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
Special H&R edition ??
« on: December 12, 2008, 10:06:50 AM »
 I was in one of my local pawn haunts and found a limited edition 223 (iron sighted) scoped ,ejection model with the schnable (i think thats how its spelled) stock set with a inlayed medalion on the right of the stock "Limited Edition"... Question is , How limited is this rifle ? IF i recall right the two letters were "N" "L"  so my guess with out Tim confirning it is that its a slow twist model ... Anywho ... Was thinking bout it for my younger brother that is showing alot of interest in predator hunting .. So would $200 out the door be a bad price on this for what it is ?

Thanks in advance ... BTW he had like 7 handies in there 2 : 22-250 3: 308 2: 223 all new save the one 223 in question... Figured i'd mention it if'n you all find yourself in my neck of the woods ;)

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • A Real Regular
Re: Special H&R edition ??
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 05:42:57 PM »
Wellllll ,

I would guess after 100 views and no replies it cant be that damn limited lol  :P

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »
Sorry, I missed this thread earlier some how! :-[

With sights, I would suspect it to be a 20" Superlight, is that what it is? If the second letter is L, it's too old to have any high pressure barrels fitted to it, sounds a little high for a Handi to me, unless it's walnut instead of pallet wood. Normally they have either laminated or walnut stocks which make em more popular, they would be whether they had the medallion or not tho, IMO.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 07:12:57 PM »
Nah Tim ,

Its not the light 20" ..It looks just like my 357 mag handi (made in 2000 "NM")  ...I have no idea if its walnut or the pallet stocks that i hear reffered to all the time ..Only one i have with wood is the 357 mag and that 223 looks identical to mine ,Furniture is the schnable fore arm and  iron sighted 22" barreled (ejector) with a scope rail in place and that medalion in-layed into the butt stocks right side ...The medalion reads "limited Edition " and it has the flat plastic butt plate .. My line of thinking is i really like the feel of this 357 the way its rigged and Should the little brother get bored with the varmint hunting , Big brother just might end up with it when all is said and done ;) I know, I know my little brother to well ..

Thanks once again for the help Tim ,

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 07:20:14 PM »
Must be a bull barrel with sights, kind of an odd combo!!  ;D Bull barrels measure ~.800" diameter at the muzzle.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain