Author Topic: Rossi stainless snubby for auto carry?  (Read 502 times)

Offline Sharps-Nut

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Rossi stainless snubby for auto carry?
« on: December 10, 2008, 11:43:24 AM »
Does anyone have any knowledge of the stainless 2" rossi snub nose 357's.   Was looking at one for a carry gun in the car only.  In my state CC in your auto is leagal with out permit.  I liked the the looks of the rossi and had luck with one in 38 several years back. The load will likely be hot 38's with 125 grain hp's. Thoughts?

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Rossi stainless snubby for auto carry?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 02:42:51 PM »
Small snubbies and ultra compact auto's are difficult to shoot accurately.  IMO, I would opt for a full size service revolver or semi-auto in .357 or better for a car or house gun where concealability on ones person is not a factor. 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline funshooter2

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Rossi stainless snubby for auto carry?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 07:44:54 PM »
I've had two Rossi revolvers at different times. One was a .357 with a 4" barrel and the other a 2" snubbie in .357. They both were very dependable guns and I had no problem with either. I couldn't hit anything with the 4" barrel model with any .357 I ever tried. Granted, that was several years ago and the only ammo I tried were full house 158gr hp. I could hit a beer can at around 30' with at least 5 out of 6 rounds of .38s, though. Could be part of the problem was that back then I usually drank the beer before shooting the can. The 2" I just sold 3-4 years ago to get a Charter 2000 in .357 with the factory ported barrel. It shot any 125-135gr, .357 that I tried in it about the same and usually grouped around 3" at 7-25 feet. I did a bit better with the .38s in the same gr. Personally, I would go with a 3 or 4" barrel if I was using it as a truck gun. Taurus now makes Rossi, so you get the lifetime warranty. Not bad knock around or field guns for the money. As good as a S&W IMO. My truck gun is either the 2" Charter 2000 or a Taurus Tracker, 4", both in .357 with factory porting. Another thing... if you should need to use it in a self defense situation, you will likely lose it to the police untill after an investigation. I'd rather lose the Rossi than a more expensive revolver.