Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 627 times)

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
2 questions
« on: December 04, 2008, 05:27:11 PM »
Which AK would you buy all of them are reliable i know but as far as accuracy as well and i would preferto stay under $500 if possible for a decent one in 7.62x39.

The other question is are the double starr complete AR lowers any good and what is a good price for a complete AR lower right now

thanks in advance

Terry

Offline Totenkopf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 08:39:44 PM »
 Double Star is excellent in quality, better than most out there and a cheap price to boot. Some claim they are on par with larue tactical. I don't know, I'm happy with my upper and lower.

Can't help much on the AK, I have an old norinco that does well. Never grouped it, but hits what I aim at. Most folks claim they will go 2" or so. A lot of guys are buying saiga and putting standard AK stocks on them, claiming they are more accurate than the assembled parts kits the gun shops are selling now.
U.S. Army Retired
1st SFOD-D
Fort Bragg, NC

John 10:10

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Offline phalanx

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 11:35:19 AM »
To bad your in that price range ,The VZ58 is Superior by far to anything else.
When i got my first one i sold the other two AKs ,they were just not as good.
But the AK has tons of mags and spare parts out there.
But if you only had 3 mags the odds of you useing all three in a fire fight are slim.
If you do ,you are pinned down and you are so in trouble now.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Illhunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 01:42:45 PM »
thanks guys for the help i am in a price range but it isn't set in stone will just have to continue to save. I have been looking at the vz58 and if i had the money sure would get one of them. i saw the double starrlowers but i would rather have a good AK over the AR although most would disagree with me but i have never felt the desire to own an AR but do think i need an AK of some kind.

Terry   

Offline phalanx

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 05:50:39 PM »
Be careful with kits Terry , an ATF agent on another forum said that if an AWB is passed ,and that if the rifle isnt put together yet it cant be put together.
I dont know how they could enforce this but if you have a kit ,you better get hopping.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III

Offline Illhunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 06:22:17 PM »
I am not much of a gunsmith so would prefer to buy it already together to be honest.

Terry

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 03:48:01 AM »
The kits are easy enough to assemble, just get the barrel already fitted to the upper receiver.  Most kits come that way.  Yes, if an AWB goes through, you must be able to prove that your gun was assembled before it goes into force or your gun must be ban compliant.  A good way to do that is to take a picture of the assembled gun lying over a newspaper so the date can be seen.  (In other words, you better save a few newspapers!)  AR's seem to be going for $1000 right now and used ones (if you could find one) don't seem to be much less.  Other than the accuracy issue, I'd buy an AK for your budget.  (I once watched a slow motion video of an AK and the whole receiver flexed when it fired!  That accounts for the accuracy problem)  Make sure what ever you do, you buy the magazines NOW.  If the powers that be decide to make an exectuive order banning mags over 10 round capacity and not wait for an AWB, you had better own them before the inaugaration.  So what ever you have in mind, get the mags you want NOW!  44 Man

My $600 used Bushmaster, laid away the first of October.  It's coming home today!!!  :)

You are never too old to have a happy childhood!