Author Topic: Best grunt tube for rut and post-rut bucks?  (Read 511 times)

Offline while99

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Best grunt tube for rut and post-rut bucks?
« on: December 14, 2008, 03:45:13 AM »
What's the best grunt tube for hunting whitetail bucks in the rut or post-rut?  I hunt mostly in the northeast.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Best grunt tube for rut and post-rut bucks?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 04:00:50 AM »
Prolly is no such thing as the best one. What works for one might not for another. I've bought and tried a bunch of them and so far have found only one that actually works and brings deer to me. It is at least 20 years old and out of production for many years. I think it is a Primos as best as I can recall. They have a new one that looks similar and the sound isn't too far off from my old one. Yeah I bought it too. So far tho the old one is still the ONLY one I've ever actually managed to bring deer to me with.

That one has been the demise of many deer including my best ever an eleven pointer with a drop tine. My very first bow killed buck came into it as well. I long ago long count of the deer that have come in to it. Dunno what the magic of it is but none of the others and I own a bunch of them have ever brought a deer to me but this one pulls them as if on a string.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!