Author Topic: After all these years !  (Read 495 times)

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
After all these years !
« on: March 02, 2009, 05:52:21 AM »
Well it seems Wild Bill used 36 cal. , Colt made 36 cal. before 44 ? Seems we went up and down the scale from 32 to 45 several times . In some if not most cases the 357 mag. is king of the one shot stops . Those who have been there done that all seem to wear a T-shirt saying the bigger the better . The 41 and 10 mm were to be the perfect round for police and self defense nd the 357 sig was to be the equal of the 357 mag. 380's do more than 38 snubs of yesteryear .
Anyone else seem confused ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline the jigger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: After all these years !
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 06:14:33 AM »
I decided several years ago that "it" is what you shoot well and have confidence in. I carry a 40 S&W, my bedside piece is a 45ACP, and my "shop security" is a Smith model 19. I shoot them all reasonably well and feel safe in the knowledge that they are "there".
I feel the same way about long guns. I've never felt the need for a "magnum" rifle. The rifles I shoot I have confidence in and I also shoot them reasonably well. I can't worry about what others "think is best" or like or dislike. It's not worth argument or debate,
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!!
IF YOU'RE GONNA GET OLD,YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!! GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!!!

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: After all these years !
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 11:17:44 AM »
Well, there ya have it!!  I'm still shoppin' for a handgun and you guys just made my decision, well, sort of.  I guess what it really boils down to is PICK ONE and SHOOT-SHOOT-SHOOT.  And that's the one that will "Git er Dun".  Thanks
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"