Author Topic: concealed carry?  (Read 1971 times)

Offline blacknwhite

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
concealed carry?
« on: August 28, 2008, 09:52:17 AM »
I was wondering about how much a concealed carry costs in Oklahoma? Also is their an annual fee for it? and how much is that? Thought some of you guys would know.

Offline Hofs01

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
  • A Real Regular
Re: concealed carry?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 04:33:11 PM »
About

50 bucks to take a class

25 bucks to the Sheriffs office for finger printing and background check

10 bucks for a passport photo

100 bucks to the OSBI (5 year) 200 for 10 year

about 185 total

IF we're not supposed to eat animals,
how come God made 'em outta meat?

Offline FourBee

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 03:49:56 AM »
Class expenses may vary.   Here, the classes are $60, totaling $195 for a 5 years CC license.
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline backstrap

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 05:03:16 PM »
How long are the classes?or class
1 shot 1 kill

Offline Hofs01

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 03:05:29 AM »
Classes are " suppose " to be 6 or 8 hours long. We got to ours at 7 told hunting stories till 9. Then the real class started, we had around (4) 10-15 minute breaks. At 11:30 we went to the range where we shot a total of 50 rounds at a target 15 feet away. Went back to class room and took a test (15 multiple choice) picked up the certificate and went home.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 04:01:41 PM »
The Instructors are very thorough in preparing each participant to obtain a 100% passing score.

Offline backstrap

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 04:10:11 AM »
I read on the internet last night where u have to shoot the style of pistol u are going to carry.is this right,if your going to carry a semiauto u need to take that type of pistol, or if your going to shhot a revoulver thats the kinda pistol u need to take to class or a daringer?my question is to u that have a perment can u circle all 3 and just shoot the 1 u take and could carry all 3 kinds?i would think if u past the class with a automatic u could carry a revoulver if u wanted to but that isnt the way it sound
1 shot 1 kill

Offline Hofs01

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 05:06:06 AM »
If you take it with a Semi Auto, you qualify for all three. You must circle all that apply.

Offline blacknwhite

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 10:11:09 AM »
How long a period of time do you have after taking the class to get the other stuff done? Also, I live in the Norman area does anyone know a good place to do the class around Norman or OKC? I would like to get in on a class within the next 2 weeks or so....

Offline deernhog

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 12:18:36 PM »
H & H Indoor gun range in OKC has regular classes the last I heard. Contact  Vo-Techs around you they have them 1-3 times a year. Pontotoco county Vo-Tech has one        (2 day)thursday Jan 22 4 hours and finishes up Saturday Jan 24 4 hours but you have to drive on South 40 miles to Tishomingo the 24th to shoot.  $65 fee
Deer hunting is mostly fun then you shoot one and it turns to work.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 03:28:59 PM »
Quote by blacknwhite
How long a period of time do you have after taking the class to get the other stuff done?

Depends on the County Sheriff Department's ability to expedite your paperwork.   Maybe as much as a week.   Then about 90 days for them to receive your license, and notify you to pick them up.

Offline Gohon

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 08:41:45 AM »
Blacknwhite, you have up to three years to complete all requirements after you get your certificate for the firearms safety course.    http://www.choosewisely.info/concealedcarry/images/SDABrochure.doc 

Offline backstrap

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 09:54:47 AM »
I have a question on this concealed class? say i take the class can a person take his own pistol such as a 22 simiauto to do the shooting? or does he have to take a bigger hand gun to do the shooting,if i take the class do i have to do the shooting with the pistol i will be carring or can he do it with a smaller cal?is my question
1 shot 1 kill

Offline Gohon

• Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 04:50:31 PM »
backstrap, my understanding is any pistol 45 caliber and smaller is just fine.  I know one location that will rent you a Browning Buckmark 22 pistol if you wish.  No you don't have to bring the gun you will carry.  I haven't gone through the course yet but am kicking around the idea of doing so and when I do I'll qualify with a simiauto but intend to carry a revolver.    I guess what has turned me off so far is thinking about 8 hours of my time doing something I've been doing for almost 60 years, not to mention the hours I've spent qualifying on a pistol range in the military.  But, I guess if I have to then I have to.  Just got to get off my butt and get it done.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 05:06:04 PM »
Boy you guys sure got it simple and easy there in OK. Why here in Bama to get a first time CCW permit a fellow has to go down to the local county sherrif's office and fill out an application nearly a whole page long. Then they hafta wait anywhere from a couple days to as many as 30 tho it is usually less than a week.

Then they gotta pay a fee determined by the sheriff, here in my county it's $10 a year. Of course they send us out a reminder card each year just before renewal time so we don't forget to come in and renew. Renewal takes as much as five minutes sometimes if they are busy.

I've had mine for 42 years now and come March I'll renew for the 42 time so it will become my 43rd permit. Back in the old days it was free.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Gohon

• Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 06:33:51 PM »
But you have to remember Graybeard, we're allowed to shoot smokeless powder here in Oklahoma.   ;)

Offline deernhog

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 10:40:48 AM »
Mine is retired LE status with a requal once a year 20 rounds with a 80% score.  I use my glock mod 22 and my 2 1/2" S&W mod686. I also carry my NAA .22 mag in my front jeans pocket.
Deer hunting is mostly fun then you shoot one and it turns to work.