Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 1048 times)

Offline zookiezoom

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
What to do?
« on: March 18, 2009, 07:44:16 AM »
I'm going to be in NE Oklahoma in mid July visiting the wifes family. Anyone know of any activities to get me out of the usual running from one house to another and spending hours listening to the wife talk to people I don't know and some I don't care for? Any help would be greatly appriciated. ::)
Life is a food chain; if your not on top, your on the menu.

Offline Cecil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: What to do?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 03:45:36 AM »
I don't know where in N E Oklahoma your are going to be but there are a lot of place's to go fishing
Cecil

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 01:43:19 PM »
Go fishing at one of the lakes.
Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31

Offline zookiezoom

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 02:19:25 PM »
Pawhuska. I wouldn't mind getting into some big cats or gars. I've never caught a gar, don't even know where to start.

Offline hillbill

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 02:37:09 PM »
if its NE OK it might be near grand lake. if so just find a open spot on the bank and pitch out some poles baited with whatever the locals are usesing.no matter what yu do or dont catch it will be better than inlaw chatter.when yu get to the inlaws just make out like yu cant wait to try some of the awesum fishing they are so lucky to have in their backyards,

Offline backstrap

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 10:31:53 AM »
U can go fishing at Kaw lake west of pawhuska about50 miles or so go behind the dam and jig for crappie or sand bass a great time, the lake is not supper close to where u will be but it will get u out of the house for the day
1 shot 1 kill

Offline Gohon

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 04:26:39 PM »
I've never caught a gar, don't even know where to start.

That's easy.............. just go fishing for some good eating cats, crappie, or bass and you'll catch all the gar you can handle.  Happens to me all the time...... :)

Offline snowbelt45

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 03:15:38 PM »
I live in Ponca City and below the dam at Kaw is a good place to go for catfish and the sandbass should be running pretty quick.  Try the east side of the dam, that's where I usually go.  Also bluestem lake is about 5 miles west of Pawhuska and Pawhuska city lake is also west of town, and that's where they stock trout for winter.  Everyone usually catches their limit on Trout around the dam area.

Lots of places to go.... Just pick one and get after it!

Snowbelt
Steve B.

Offline zookiezoom

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 02:11:35 PM »
Definitely will be going to Ponca City. I want to stop by Head Country and pick up my years supply of sauce. Went to one of the lakes before noodling with some locals but I wouldn't do it myself.