Author Topic: Visiting Camp Perry, where to stay?  (Read 387 times)

Offline no guns here

• Trade Count: (1)
Visiting Camp Perry, where to stay?
« on: December 28, 2008, 09:50:28 PM »
Anybody know anything about Camp Perry and the area.  My daughter is going over for a JROTC air rifle meet.  Is there billeting on post?  Decent hotels in the area?  Any help appreciated...

ngh
"I feared for my life!"

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
Re: Visiting Camp Perry, where to stay?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 12:34:07 AM »
Port Clinton is not far away but in the summer it is full of partiers!
For some shoots you can bunk at Camp Perry

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 06:12:44 AM »
Do not bunk at Camp Perry unless you enjoy the prisoner-of-the-Bataan-death-march accommodations.

Try posting at http://www.lava.net/~perrone/bullseye/ on the bullseye L-Forum. You'll get some good tips there.
Safety first

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 03:02:45 AM »
no guns here, I'll try and help. I've set up on Commericial Row at Perry for over 20 years, and live in a small city,Oregon,Ohio, which is about 17mi. west of Perry. You didn't say when she is going to be there. If it's during the summer match, which is I believe the 3rd. week of July, the local motels in the Port Clinton area are extremely high. Even flea bag motels are $80 to $100 a night. The good ones are $125-$150 a night.
If it's in the summer months, there is a camp ground, less than a mile away, called the Golden Eye campground. The main highway just outside the front gate is, St.Rt. 2. The campground is on the first crossroad east, which is St.Rt. 53. If you take 53 south to Fremont, there are some small motels there, which from my understanding, are pretty good. If you take Rt.2 west, towards Toledo,Oregon, there is several around our area.
You can camp out right on base, and they have module's there also. I believe they rent for $60 a day/night, but their 2 bedroom, so if she split the cost it would be $30/person. Here is the ph.number for lodging on base-419-635-4021,ext.6214. Hope that helps.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline no guns here

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 06:09:16 PM »
Thanks gyspy!  Nope, not coming in the summer.  I think it's at the end of Feb.  I know their coach already has some hotel rooms booked for them but since it is a high school team they are always looking to save money.  I was hoping they had some stuff on post.  Also, my wife is chaperoning since their team is almost all girls (they kick butt!!!).  I know my in-laws are going to come up from Ky to watch too and we are starting to look for hotels for them too.  Right now their team is still the number one in the nation (at least that's what the 1SG said) and my kid is the number one or two shooter so I'm pretty stoked!!!  They should make the nationals in March unless they fall apart before then.  Then they have to travel back to Georgia to shoot again.

ngh
"I feared for my life!"