Author Topic: 500 S&W Pump  (Read 2139 times)

Offline jedd

• Trade Count: (0)
500 S&W Pump
« on: December 21, 2008, 03:43:30 PM »
Anyone have one of these?   

townermfg.com

Offline clodbuster

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Re: 500 S&W Pump
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 04:32:58 PM »
Too spendy for me
Preserve the Loess Hills!!!

Offline NHNATIVE

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 02:46:58 AM »
It's interesting to see. All the clamoring for a pumpgun designed around a pistol cartridge and only one response. Hmm.. BTW, I did e mail the company. The founder e mailed me back right away with a detailed response and also noted they are $1400.

Offline Dave in WV

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 05:38:45 AM »
If it cost 1/3 the MSRP why would you want one? They look clunky. I have a 7600 and it's a better looking rifle.  You can get a 7600 chambered for the 35 Whelen so the power isn't really greater.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline NHNATIVE

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »
I personally wouldn't want one. If they had "copied of reproduced" the remington 141 or 14 for that price I'd be all over it. As stands now the remington  760 and older 7600's in carbine configuration are my favorite guns. Can any real pistol cartridge beat even a 308 much less an 06 or 35?

Offline targshooter

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 12:19:04 AM »
jedd,
After reviewing the pictures of the firearm and reading the "informational" passages on the Towner Mfg site, I concluded this is an overpriced "specialty" build of a non-impressive nature. The firerarm displays very little attention to fit and finish. A visit to the "Towner Manufacturing" site, which states they are a part of the Reese Technology Center, provides a feeling of why this firearm may be so overpriced. While I support small business (I work with many small companies), I do get the feeling this particular rifle is overpriced and offers little in the way of return on investment for the purchaser. For this kind of money one should expect a durable and well executed firearm design, one displaying its quality in the pictures presented by the company. I must ask, have you purchased one? Have you visited the Towner Manufacturing site? I may be wrong in this assessment, and invite a product report on this firearm by you or someone that has used one of these rifles. I am not flaming you, just offering a strong personal position on an expensive  "niche" firearm that seems poorly executed and is offered by a company that may flounder and leave someone with what appears to be a "clunker."

Offline Guy Pike

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 02:46:36 AM »
Jedd, to actually answer your question: I don't have one.
You can't beat a Cerberus!