Author Topic: opening weekend?  (Read 806 times)

Offline pigguy

• Trade Count: (0)
opening weekend?
« on: November 23, 2008, 12:48:36 PM »
Lets here some success stories from this weekend,I personally didnt see a buck,so took a fat doe this morning,yum yum! seems the bucks are tending does or perhaps resting from the rigors of chasen tail.Every hunter I spoke to in east central oklahoma are not seein the bucks.maybe the new moon on thursday will get em goin again.GO SOONERS!!!!!!

Offline backstrap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: opening weekend?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 05:48:30 AM »
The bucks are on the move up here chaseing does,i seen a nice 10 buck opening morning about 80 yards but didnt even rase my rifle ,fill my tags to soon and thats the end of geting out of the house hunting lol shot a big 100 pound doe saturday evening. i just hope i dont regreat not shooting him now but didnt have a real good shot any was neck or head shot and i dont take them kinda shots i am a heart and lung guy  ;D
1 shot 1 kill

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 11:01:38 AM »
I saw lots of nice deer get checked here in Grant county including my 8 point.
Time to start thining out those does.

Offline snowbelt45

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 05:37:19 AM »
Got out to my stand around 8:30 Saturday morning.  At 10:50 I saw movement and got ready.  A doe appeared with a 10 pt. buck hot on her tail (no joke)!  A small 6 pointer tried to hedge in on the doe, and the big boy put his head down and ran the little guy off.  After about 20 minutes of watching all the commotion, I took the 10 pt. with my contender handgun in 7X30 Waters.  Buck went exactly 7 yards and piled up.  Field dressed at 130#.  Now it's doe time!

Snowbelt
Steve B.

Offline okieshooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
  • shoot for the moon, land in the stars
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 04:36:52 AM »
opening day I took my nephew and let him harvest his first doe. I did not hunt much after that but Tuesday evening my brother wanted to show me where he had been hunting. He had not seen anything yet but liked the setup. He showed me where he was setting and I left him there and walked about 200 yards and seen a buck chasing a doe to quick to get a shot. I noticed another set of horns coming my way and was able to stop this one for a 50 yard shot with my Encore 25-06. My brother was real happy for me. :D
Thanks,
Okieshooter

Offline deernhog

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 02:22:59 PM »
Opening weekend me and my youngest son took a couple of small matching eight points. His was chasing another buck Saturday evening at 80 yards and mine was trailing two does I passed on Sunday morning at about 35 yards. He was using my old .30-30 Winchester 94 and I was using a model 92 in .45 Long Colt. The picture is the boy with his 90 year old grandpa.
Deer hunting is mostly fun then you shoot one and it turns to work.