Author Topic: Help me out on Dragunov please  (Read 612 times)

Offline Totenkopf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Help me out on Dragunov please
« on: December 05, 2008, 05:47:23 PM »
 A while back an old buddy was going through hard times and I loaned him some money to get him through. He tried to give me a dragunov. I wouldn't take it. He passed through today and paid me back, right before he left he gave me the rifle. It was a pride issue on his part, I refused adamantly just as before, but he started getting offended. Anyways, I know nothing about these. Breaking it down it looked a little like a more complicated design of an rpk. I figured it would make a good rifle for that mean old buck that keeps eating the bark off my apple trees every year. This is the only picture I could find of it online. It is exactly like this one.
http://club.guns.ru/images/convention/5.jpg
All the rest I found had black scopes and receiver. This has plastic magazines along with a plastic stock. It has the star, sickle and hammer, so Russian made. No importer marks, everything I read said KBI imported them, but no stamping on it. So please help me out on what model it is. Also I would appreciate any knowledge you have on these or a good site to find out about them.
Thanks for the help.
U.S. Army Retired
1st SFOD-D
Fort Bragg, NC

John 10:10

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Offline oaksalad

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Help me out on Dragunov please
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 10:21:12 AM »
Hi sent you a PM.
Try www.dragunov.net,they cover all the Dragunov,Tiger,PSL and NDM-86 type rifles.
I have a PSL and just love that thing-awesome!!!

Take care,Frank

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 12:48:53 PM »
I couldn't tell you the exact model but it's a Druggi, and they all come apart and go back together the same way.  You're right in that it follows the RPK design more than the Kalashnikov but they really aren't all that much different. 

Depending on its age and use you may find your best accuracy with 7.62x54R hunting ammo from Wolf, PRVI or S&B.  Order a bunch but see what shoots best first.

If you can find a few more magazines without having to sell off half your children, stock up. 

That Dragonov will discourage that old buck very nicely, maybe even as far out as 400m.  You are fortunate to have come by the Druggi.  Use it well and remember your buddy.

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 03:56:34 PM »
If its a true drag that things worth 2000.00+
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired