Author Topic: ghost ring sights for the USH?  (Read 395 times)

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
ghost ring sights for the USH?
« on: December 29, 2008, 06:10:32 AM »
Hey Fella's Hows everyone doin? Back into buisness with this new pc old one crashed. Anyway, got a new 20 gauge ush, looks like it oughta be good gun. I understand a scope sight best for overall accuracy but what do ya think of puttin ghost ring sight on this? Any ideas is welcome Thanks! scout4<><

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: ghost ring sights for the USH?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 11:10:46 AM »
I'm a BIG fan of open sights because it cuts down weight and slims the profile of the gun.  Problem for me is, I sometimes have trouble makin' a good shot when I get excited. :o  Ghost ring sights help that as do standard Peep sights. I say "Go For It".  They are quick on target and if you're walkin' from shadows to sun and all the changes in light conditions won't effect you so much.  Are ya thinkin' the apperture front sight(Lyman) with the different inserts or more the Tactical style?? 

I have thought for my smooth bores to use a folding style Winchester sight and then adding a OneRaggedHole blade to it with a fiber optic front sight.  But mount the rear sight further back than they are on the Winny Lever guns. 

I don't think you will be dissappointed with Ghost ring sights.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 12:27:31 PM »
Hey Cookiemann! How you been? Thanks for the information! I'm thinkin a using a blade front sight. It is only in mind for now, and I do have a scope I can mount on this. But the notion of having a less complex sight system on this gun sure has my attention! And for me anyway keepin weight down would help. Sure am lookin forward to shootin it! Thanks again! scout4<><

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 12:55:16 PM »
A Wlliams WGRS without the aperture or a ghost ring aperture and a Firesight up front make a fine combo, used em for years on different guns.  One nice thing about the WGRS is you can sight in using the insert, then remove it for hunting.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain