Author Topic: Why take our guns, take our ammo.  (Read 964 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Why take our guns, take our ammo.
« on: January 04, 2009, 03:48:12 PM »
I've seen this on several sites, but I don't think I have seen it here.  If someone else already posted it sorry.  If not here it is.  Rog

snopes (supposedly a pro-obama site) says this story is currently under evaluation...so, as of 12/18/08 won't claim true or false
 i can't believe he'd go this route, but if this is true, it mirrors pre WWII germany, and we know what happened then
 definately worth keepin up with

Its already started...Ammunition Accountability Legislation

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns?  Well, it seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture, providing a data base of all ammunition sales.  So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011.  (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more! 

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your guns!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states:  Alabama , Arizona , California , Connecticut , Hawaii , Illinois , Indiana , Kentucky , Maryland , Mississippi , Missouri, New Jersey, New York , Pennsylvania , Rhode Island , South Carolina, Tennessee , and Washington .

Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:
http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Foxxtrot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Why take our guns, take our ammo.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 04:10:51 PM »
Doesn't sound too friendly does it. I am pretty sure a criminal has the following choices to get around this:

1) steal the ammo from the store
2) use fake id to purchase ammo
3) force a third party to purchase ammo under duress
4) start reloading ammo
5) steal the ammo while robbing my house
6) ship from Mexico or Canada with drugs in teddy bears

Criminals are smarter than you think, if they can move drugs internationally to small town America with limited detection, they can get around this.

We don't need anymore stupid laws!
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Offline Foxxtrot

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 04:44:01 PM »
I just drafted this letter to my local/state/federal idiots. Copy and paste to your elected officials.

Dear Congressmen XXXXXXX and fellow American,

Please become aware of the following legislation.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation/Ammo%20Accountability%20-%20Sample%20Legislation.pdf

The Ammunition Accountability Act will never work. Criminals are never accountable and will never care that the bullets used for violence can be traced. Criminals get around these laws that burden regular Americans.

American men and woman hunters, police officers, and private security teams will end up paying .05/round every time they fire a shot. For anyone that needs to practice firing a weapon, they get to pay this extra charge. Police departments are already stretching budgets for regular sidearm practice, should we add $2.50 for every fifty rounds fired?

Stop adding laws that don't work with criminals, yet force regular Americans to pay more in taxes and duties for wasteful bureaucracy.

I am pretty sure a criminal has the following choices to get around this silly obtrusive legislation:

1) steal the ammo from the store
2) use fake id to purchase ammo
3) force a third party to purchase ammo under duress
4) start reloading ammo
5) steal the ammo while robbing my house
6) ship from Mexico or Canada with drugs in teddy bears

Criminals are smarter than you think, if they can move drugs internationally to small town America with limited detection, they can get around this.

Disposal of ammo? Are you going to pay US Citizens tax dollars to get rid of what they currently own and do not use by January 1, 2011? Ammunition can last for decades and many people own thousands of rounds of ammunition.

A.C.D. registry = another govt agency for my already diminishing, yet rising tax dollars to pay for. NO THANKS! (charging $.05/bullet is taxation without representation).

We don't need anymore stupid laws! Say NO to the following Legislation:

2008 Legislation
    Alabama
    Alabama Senate Bill 541

Arizona
    Arizona House Bill 2833

California
    California Senate Bill 997 (Carried Over from 2007)

Connecticut
    Connecticut Senate Bill 603

Hawaii
    Hawaii House Bill 2392
    Hawaii Senate Bill 2020
    Hawaii Senate Bill 2076
    Hawaii House Resolution 82-07 (Carried Over from 2007)
    Hawaii Concurrent Resolution 104-06 (Carried Over from 2007)

Illinois
    Illinois House Bill 4258
    Illinois House Bill 4259
    Illinois House Bill 4269
    Illinois House Bill 4349
    Illinois Senate Bill 1095 (Carried Over from 2007)

Indiana
    Indiana House Bill 1260

Kentucky
    Kentucky House Bill 715

Maryland
    Maryland House Bill 517

Mississippi
    Mississippi Senate Bill 2286

Missouri
    Missouri Senate Bill 1200

New Jersey
    New Jersey Assembly Bill 2490

New York
    New York Assembly Bill 10259
    New York Assembly Bill 6920 (Carried Over from 2007)
    New York Assembly Bill 7300 (Carried Over from 2007)
    New York Senate Bill 1177 (Carried Over from 2007)
    New York Senate Bill 3731 (Carried Over from 2007)

Pennsylvania
    Pennsylvania House Bill

Rhode Island
    Rhode Island Senate Bill 2742

South Carolina
    South Carolina Senate Bill 1259

Tennessee
    Tennessee House Bill 3245
    Tennessee Senate Bill 3395

Washington
    Washington House Bill 3359

2007 Legislation
    California Senate Bill 997
    Hawaii House Resolution 82-07
    Hawaii Concurrent Resolution 104-06
    Illinois Senate Bill 1095
    Maryland House Bill 1393
    New York House Bill 6920
    New York House Bill 7300
    New York Senate Bill 1177
    New York Senate Bill 3731

Thank you,

xxxxx
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 04:57:00 PM »
WASHINGTON< NOT> went down in flames in 2008 and will not be back in 2009. Very old info check with your state reps. By the way getting to know your state reps is not a bad idea and a lot of them are accessable on the phone, got a problem with this try CALLING them  a call carries a lot more weight than an e mail or even a letter. How many e-mails do youn delete without reading? envlopes on a desk is a lot harder to ignor and a constant ringing phone is very hard to ignore.You dont like something they are doing , let them know in a way that cant be ignored or deleted with a push of a button.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 05:09:55 PM »
They really won't care-If the millions of sportmen out there buy a couple of boxes of shells per year at .05 per shell- they can support at least 10 or 20 thousand black babies without dads. We lost in november- bend over and pretend you like it :'(

Offline GatCat

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 09:24:05 PM »
What do these boobs intend to do with shotgun ammo, encode each pellet??? Of course, a shotgun with an 8" barrel and pistol grip only could never be used by criminals!!
Mark

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 12:47:36 PM »
They really won't care-If the millions of sportmen out there buy a couple of boxes of shells per year at .05 per shell- they can support at least 10 or 20 thousand black babies without dads. We lost in november- bend over and pretend you like it :'(
right on but lets not forget the Illegals
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 02:49:18 AM »
Awk, the Vaterland gets it again.!
BTW. Did you think you can just walk into any Canadian Store and grab ammo off the shelves like I have seen in Wal-Mart and others in the US ??!!

Sideline. Got two iggies now ;D
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline zacharoo

• Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 03:14:51 AM »
Like the bumpersticker I read stated.  I will keep my GUNS , AMMO, MONEY AND FREEDOM!!!! YOU OTHER PEOPLE TAKE THE CHANGE!!!!
ZACHAROO

Offline nodlenor

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 03:41:04 AM »
Do you really think it is criminals they are after? ??? ::)
Self government without self discipline will not work; Paul Harvey

Offline tn_junk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
  • Look to Him
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 04:18:14 AM »
I know I tend to get paranoid, but I really think that our freedoms are seriously at risk.
Specially marked bullets step one. No reloading components sale will be step two.
Maybe I just need to increase my meds so I won't think about this stuff.

alan
Common Sense Ain't Very Common

Deceased May 20, 2009.  RIP Alan we miss you.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 12:15:11 PM »
I'm waiting to read about the sudden increase in the purchase of flintlock rifles and pistols as well as Minie Ball molds. ;D
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 12:22:54 PM »
From what I have read on this issue I see it to be very hard to enforce.  How many people have hoarded ammo for several years, how many have reloading equipment and supplies bought years ago.  How will they account for these if someone refuses to turn then in?

Agreed, we have a rough and rocky road ahead of us, but hopefull wiser heads will prevail.